To want to throttle DH for putting every stich of DDs school uniform in the wash at 11pm?

(109 Posts)
designerbaby Sun 03-Mar-13 23:41:00

So now I have to bloody wait up for it to finish, and then hang it dry, hope it's arsing dry by 6am, which is when I'll have to get up and iron the fucking box pleats in her tunic. I could cry. And yet murder him while weeping.

And he's leaving to catch a flight at 5am, so has buggered off to bed.

I feel murderous, I really do...

db
xx

LineRunner Mon 04-Mar-13 00:07:23

I tumble dry stuff for a bit and then hang it. No ironing.

designerbaby Mon 04-Mar-13 00:09:41

We have a tumble drier. But DDs uniform can't be tumble dried. And not in a "it'll e perfectly fine in a drier and the manufacturers are just covering their arses" kind of way. In a "this will now only fit my friend's newborn" kind of way. I have seen evidence of this.

What kind of moron chooses a uniform that cannot be tumble dried AND has box pleats. [Check's 'd'h's cv to see if it was him]

designerbaby Mon 04-Mar-13 00:11:34

Her games kit is in there too. She has PE on Monday. It can be tumble dried, it needs about 2 hours to get it dry.

That didn't need washing either.

blackeyedsusan Mon 04-Mar-13 00:12:08

put the heating on l;ow ovenight, the radiators get warm enough to speed up the drying but not too hot to melt the uniform... i hope!

onedev Mon 04-Mar-13 00:12:46

If I were you, I'd go get him up out of bed.

LineRunner Mon 04-Mar-13 00:17:21

Stop the wash, rinse and spin it quickly and hang it up over rads.

Or get him to do it.

Morloth Mon 04-Mar-13 00:17:29

Iron it tonight while it is wet and then hang it up.

CheerfulYank Mon 04-Mar-13 00:18:49

Ugh.

DH doesn't do the laundry but if he did he'd pull that shite all the time.

At least once a week or so he will open the tumble dryer looking for something when I'm still sleeping, realize everything is still wet, and close it without turning it back on. So I'll wake up thinking DS's school trousers will be nice and dry and be treated to a sodden lump of jeans and towels instead.

Hanging's too good. angry

Dubjackeen Mon 04-Mar-13 00:20:12

What did he think would happen next confused the laundry fairies would swoop in and sort the uniform?

FairPhyllis Mon 04-Mar-13 00:26:21

Make him be the one to wait up for it.

designerbaby Mon 04-Mar-13 00:26:29

Probably dumbjack... I don't actually think he thought very much at all.

Yank, he does ave firm for similar exploits. O the various rare occasions when he has attempted laundry, he usually only puts in HIS shirts, without thinking that maybe there are more pressing laundry requirements... (he owns a gazillion shirts).

Possibly this latest fuck up was a the result of over compensating for previous fuck ups...

"I've done the laundry DW!" "No, you haven't, you've done YOUR laundry."

Why are they so shit at laundry FFS? Is it deliberate?

designerbaby Mon 04-Mar-13 00:27:27

'have form' that should be. I'm too pissed off to type.

AudrinaAdare Mon 04-Mar-13 00:27:57

What a twat angry

I'd have not let him go to bed either.

Is he being a bit P.A do you think? My employment-dodging XH once aggressively announced that he had done FOUR WHOLE loads of laundry when DD was a baby whilst I was relaxing working all day and doing the child-minder drop-off and pick-up in a taxi because he was too tired to drive us in the car I paid for.

There were only a few baby clothes in the basket. He had washed and spun all the pinks, all the whites, all the yellows and all the greens (two or three items at a time) separately.

designerbaby Mon 04-Mar-13 00:30:02

Ah! It's finished... Going to turn up heating and drape box pleats carefully, in the hope that they won't need ironing...

The uber mummies will notice, though...

I feel like draping it over DH, but waterboarding one's DH is probably illegal...

INeverSaidThat Mon 04-Mar-13 00:32:17

Phew, that was close.

Hope everything is dry by tomorrow morning.

designerbaby Mon 04-Mar-13 00:32:44

I think he was genuinely trying to help, but is just a bit of a clueless twunt when it comes to clothing/laundry...

He's South African, so it's not entirely his fault he's clueless. Maids/fairies.

designerbaby Mon 04-Mar-13 00:34:04

Laundry WILL be dry [narrows eyes at radiator]. Entire family will be lightly baked due to having heat on all night.

INeverSaidThat Mon 04-Mar-13 01:21:35

We used to live in SA. It took me ages to get into the habit of packing my own groceries at the supermarket when we moved to the UK. I just used to stand their like a lemon while the cashier rang up the shopping. blush.

AudrinaAdare Mon 04-Mar-13 01:34:12

<imagines the carnage INeverSaidThat's groceries would cause at Lidl>

GingerBlondecat Mon 04-Mar-13 05:25:16

trying to Help........... My Arse.

he did this on a night he Knew you could talk his ear off.

And he made it so you are more unlikely to ask for his help ever again.

GingerBlondecat Mon 04-Mar-13 05:25:46

^^ Could NOT

Euphemia Mon 04-Mar-13 07:24:08

My DH drives me nuts with laundry too.

He works from home a lot, and used to put a wash on if it was a nice day. Great. Then he moaned he was fed up with laundry, all he seemed to do was laundry, grumble grumble, so he stopped doing it.

Fair enough, he's working from home, not a SAHP.

Then last weekend, for the first time in six or eight months, he took it upon himself to "help" with the laundry. He hung up a load, in his usual manner of "approach the washing line and chuck armfuls of clothes at it" (or so it would seem - sleeves inside out, sleeves all bumfled up at the ends, stuff all crammed together), then put on a load of towels I had intended to do the next day. angry

He ends up causing me more work, and he just can't see it!

Fakebook Mon 04-Mar-13 07:30:57

Hope the uniform dried ok smile. Threads like this make me so glad my DH is the king of laundry and ironing. His mum suffered a stroke that left her left side paralysed when he was 10, so he had to wash and iron his clothes from an early age, and is now an expert. On saturday he washed Dd's uniform with other laundry and ironed it neatly and put each shirt and dress and trousers on hangers and in her wardrobe grin. All we have to do is locate socks this morning; that'll be fun.

Masai Mon 04-Mar-13 07:38:37

We had a laundry issue last week. DH working from home.

Dear God he did the laundry. His own mainly. But why in the name thats holy did he fucking wash white shirts with darks.... On a BOIL WASH!!

I was at my mums that day and came back in the evening to find stuff chucked haphazardly onto the airer and crumpled up and the now blotchy stained whites on a 3hr dry cycle.

Am i a mad old bag for screaming abuse at him?

BeckAndCall Mon 04-Mar-13 07:42:44

Just betting Mr designer baby went off for his 5am flight with a smile and a happy wave.......or maybe wet uniform draped neatly around his neck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now