Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

to think I witnessed a woman in Morrisons today that the majority of you would judge?

(124 Posts)
ChildlikeConfusion Sun 03-Mar-13 18:07:09

It was about 11:30ish and she was wearing a bright pink onesie ... tucked inside a pair of Uggs.

This also isn't even a local Morrisons, it was in a retail park not that close to a residential area, so it's not like she'd just popped in to buy some milk.

Lord knows what was in her trolley wink

YeahBuddy Mon 04-Mar-13 09:38:26

I have only recently acquired a onesie and shall be wearing it to go clubbing in a few weekends time grin

AyeOopMoose Mon 04-Mar-13 09:53:50

I just don't get it.

I love coming home and putting my PJs on (haven't had the pleasure of a onesie yet).

To go out in them would deny me this feeling.

And I love putting on naice clothes.

I think the people who wear them out are either:

1) Attention seeking fools
2) Lazy n'er do wells

Both should be avoided IMO.

aldiwhore Mon 04-Mar-13 10:09:00

Could you ever have sex with a man who wore a onesie?

Not whilst he was still in it, they're quiet tricky.

My onesie is strictly for when I required no DH attention whatsoever and simply require comfort, in the house. I'd struggle to wear one out even for charity.

drownangels Mon 04-Mar-13 10:14:55

A Onesie and Curlers have been spotted outside in the Ribble Valley!

<passes out in shock>

pirouette Mon 04-Mar-13 10:20:18

I've seen a lady wearing enormous curlers. Is this a trend?

drownangels Mon 04-Mar-13 10:22:36

Sadly, yes it is a trend to be seen in public with huge curlers (or rollers as my long dead nan used to call them!)

juneybean Mon 04-Mar-13 10:25:23

Pajamas are Sunday best round here

RedToothBrush Mon 04-Mar-13 10:25:33

I confess to seeing someone wearing a onsie at the Trafford Centre the other day. I did a double take and thought fucking hell.

Its an object of comedy; and the basis of a fancy dress costume. Its like wearing half a horse suit. So I reserve the right to laugh at anyone who does so.

Everyone who wears one, knows they aren't attractive anyway. Its not like a badly dressed person, who just doesn't quite understand how they've got it wrong.

honeytea Mon 04-Mar-13 10:28:41

So long as she wasn't on her way to a job interview I can't really see the problem.

badbride Mon 04-Mar-13 10:32:37

YABU to judge someone for wearing a onesie in Morrisons.

YWNBU to judge someone for doing the same in Marks and Spencers food hall. In fact, the correct response would be to set the mastiff on them grin

youmaycallmeSSP Mon 04-Mar-13 10:34:58

I think the bear on the BMX wins it grin

I'm going to buy a onesie and keep it in my wardrobe for when the DC are old enough to go to secondary school. My greatest threat for misdeeds will be that I will put on my onesie and wait outside the school gates to pick them up grin

When I was a student I lived fairly close to a Coop. One morning I had run out of milk so instead of getting dressed I put my clothes on over the top of my pyjamas. I had hot pink gingham poking out from the bottom of my jeans hmm

Rollers in hair haven't made it to Leeds as far as I know. I haven't seen them. What I have seen is shorts that show your arse when the sun appears!

Schooldidi Mon 04-Mar-13 10:41:01

I've only once seen anybody wearing pyjamas outside (other than charity events). I didn't judge though as they were also in a wheelchair and looked rather ill, I assumed they were on their way to or from the hospital and stopped for supplies.

I think my 20yo gorgeous cousin goes out in her pjs/onsie, complete with the full face of make up and hair artistically bedheaded. It's not a fashion I would ever have embraced no matter my age or my figure (my figure is NOT appropriate for onsie wearing), but I imagine she wouldn't really want to embrace the fashions I was wearing at her age (maternity dungarees)

iseenodust Mon 04-Mar-13 10:43:49

grin hintofbream

RedToothBrush Mon 04-Mar-13 10:48:19

badbride, I think I'm kind of on the same wavelength as that. I have much less of an eyebrow about onesie in the supermarket. You go there cos you need to. You might be feeling like shite etc etc. I think its almost forgivable.

But I'm a bit more hmm when its the Trafford Centre. Like really? Thats a deliberate choice?

BrainSurgeon Mon 04-Mar-13 10:58:53

I've seen a few around, they just amuse me. Each to their own. My only question would be - do they sleep in them and then go outside? If yes, that's disgusting. If they shower in the morning and then slip into a clean onesie, then.... whatevs.

Have to admit they look comfy and fun - who knows this may be the fashion of the future <eyes DS wondering what whacky onesies he would go for>

eminemmerdale Mon 04-Mar-13 11:22:41

Uggs? I haven't dared to wear them today in case I am committing a huge fashion faux pas..

badbride Mon 04-Mar-13 11:38:58

RedToothBrush The irony is, of course, that if you wandered into Harrods or Harvey Nics so attired, it would be an avant-garde fashion statement smile

RedToothBrush Mon 04-Mar-13 11:51:51

Haha!

Wouldn't it be a right pain in the arse to try on clothes out shopping in a onesie?

badbride Mon 04-Mar-13 12:18:10

Probably. But imagine the immense vista of shoplifting opportunities opened to you by what is essentially a set of oversized overalls* grin

* for the avoidance of doubt, I AM joking

Moominsarehippos Tue 05-Mar-13 18:26:59

I saw a onesie on a shop dummy in a store window today. The dummy looked embarassed. Dreadful garments! Why would an adult want to wear a babygro?

gimmeanaxe Tue 05-Mar-13 18:39:25

how do you wee?

BambieO Tue 05-Mar-13 19:28:10

You normally have to take the whole thing off! Not fun in winter, they should make flaps with poppers grin

crashdoll Tue 05-Mar-13 19:39:31

I love coming home and putting my PJs on (haven't had the pleasure of a onesie yet).

To go out in them would deny me this feeling.

I concur. I challenge the world to find anything nicer than climbing out of uncomfy work clothes into a massive hoodie and fluffy animal print PJ bottoms. Bliss!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now