The bra Interventions continued....

(1000 Posts)

We filled a thread, so here's another!

ToothGah Wed 06-Mar-13 23:48:35

Link here for anyone else wishing to seethe over it.

ToothGah Wed 06-Mar-13 23:46:23

Totally crap that Belle Lingerie use the M&S "add four or five" in their sizing guide.

I almost don't want to buy from them because of that. Arses! grin

TheDoctrineOfSnatch Wed 06-Mar-13 23:41:04

<sends bouncers over to protect Sorrel>

SorrelForbes Wed 06-Mar-13 23:31:36

They took my name. I'm not sure why I gave them my real one confused

I bet the 12 year old fitting room assistant has been roasted for not taking full name! actually no, that would indicate they give a shit!!

Lueji Wed 06-Mar-13 23:20:46
SorrelForbes Wed 06-Mar-13 23:00:37

Backfat courtesy of M&S! Oh god, I bet we're on some CCTV!

Do you think the warning comes complete with a mugshot - "this woman can be identified by her backfat"?

SorrelForbes Wed 06-Mar-13 22:42:18

Oh lordy, even the fitters have heard of us! ;)

I wonder if she's a MNer? grin Or maybe, all the shops are emaling out warnings to their fitters about secret shoppers!

Oh lordy, even the fitters have heard of us! ;)

Glad you are feeling perkier!

MrsJackAubrey Wed 06-Mar-13 22:15:57

Thank you mumsnet! I have followed this thread with interest. Found myself in Luton debenhams today with a spare hour. Mentioned this theme on mumsnet to fitter before she started. She knew of it! She was fab. Instead of good for nothing 38DD I now wear 36FF and oh boy do my boobs look transformed. Lift! perk! Thrust! I feel 100 x better about my body for having a bra that fits. Thanks to your advice and passion. Cheers wine

Small to medium boobed ladies, Cocosa have a Luxury Lingerie sale today including the elusive 28C in Mimi Holiday... can PM a referrer link to anyone interested. Seem to have lots reduced from £50 to around £15

DoubleLifeIsALifeHalved Wed 06-Mar-13 21:50:26

Oh no! Am still waiting to try mine on and the second thread is almost finished! Arggghhhh!

Lordy...and it's not the only one running. That's a lot of tit talk!

sparkle12mar08 Wed 06-Mar-13 21:26:05

At 984 posts we're soon going to need another new thread!

Hi SC...thanks for your help, you should really be paid to do this!

shock HH...sheesh...my 5 year old came upstairs the other day 'wearing' one of my G cups and I fell about laughing as it took up half of her body...her other trick is putting it on her head...I can see her having a field day with an HH!

It depends upon which style, the softer cup bras I have aren't as bad (as I suspect they have stretched a bit), but I do get a 4-boob effect with others. I am going to have to do a figleaves order and have a good try-on I think. Will report back next week...THANK YOU! wine

Online places - try Brastop, Leia, Mycurvesandme, Crazyclearance, Figleaves, bravissimo, clara-olivia.....

Fuckadoodledandy - on measurements I would have said a 36HH - how is the G cup fitting once you scoop (bra on, lean forward, right hand inside left cup, round under armpit and pull all the fat/soft tissue from armpit and back forward in to cup. Repeat on other side)

Hi, any help to find a bra that fits gratefully received...measure 36 under and 48 hanging...currently wear a 36G...thank you!

thekingfisher Wed 06-Mar-13 20:55:19

thanks I'll make a start with those...any online places to recommend starting from?

TheKingfisher - I would start with a 30, try an E and an F to start with (you were right ToothGah)

thekingfisher Wed 06-Mar-13 20:38:24

thanks toothgah...any help useful!

Lueji Wed 06-Mar-13 20:37:16

A friend and I almost did an intervention on another friend whilst commuting.

She was skeptical, but she was very impressed when I showed her the effect of my new bra when we got up and left. smile

The poor thing had a very low support non-wired bra.

I think a girls' trip to a local lingerie store is on the cards soon. grin

Velve Wed 06-Mar-13 20:34:52

Lovely, thanks ladies. I guess it will be trial and error.
I do have soft boobies so have always found compression the better option for controlling bounce. I will order another Shock absorber in D+ Max and might try the freya soft cup or the shock absorber run. I never go up band sizes as I find they are either true to my back size or too loose (I know, I'm weird).

I'll probably still have to wear two bras as my boobs, other than being soft, are also very sensitive so 45 minutes of bouncing rather hurts.

Thank goodness for bargain websites is all I'll say!

ToothGah Wed 06-Mar-13 20:34:40

Sorry, 30F I think. Wait for Stat to come back, I'm a novice don't know what I'm doing

thekingfisher Wed 06-Mar-13 20:32:06

what if I was 30.5 and 36.5 ....not sure how tight I should be pulling...?

This thread is not accepting new messages.