To be feeling sorry for myself

(44 Posts)
Teahouse Fri 22-Feb-13 22:15:06

Been feeling sad all day.
Posted on Chat this morning asking if people could help pull me out of the doldrums but I got only 1 reply. Made me feel worse.

Long time single mum, very few friends, no partner for over 7 years, recovering from major operation and have another 2 weeks before i can drive, and birthday tomorrow. Usually fine with my single life but this morning on Desert Island Disks, Rod Stewarts 'have I told you lately' was played because this guy loved his wife so much....I have never been loved like that (x husband had affair thought marriage & is with OW) and doubt I ever will be.

Just feel shit and hoped here would provide a bit of support, but it hasn't so far...please cheer me up (but don't tell me I will meet someone, had that for past 7 years and despite Internet dating, haven't got feyond an initial meeting)

Happy Birthday from me too.

mrsbunnylove Sat 23-Feb-13 12:20:36

happy birthday!

BlackStiltonBoots Sat 23-Feb-13 10:29:17

Happy birthday flowers hope you have a nice, relaxing day.

Happy Birthday for tomorrow teahouse thanks wine

To be honest, the weather is hardly helping to cheer people up, so you might be in need of some vitamin d. When you feel up to it, go for a walk. Being indoors doesn't help matters, though I appreciate its bloody freezing out there. Well, depending on where you live, anyway.

Hope you get better soon xxx

fengirl1 Sat 23-Feb-13 07:57:55

Tea, are you my secret twin? Your story is very similar to mine, even down to the op (I had two last year, 19 weeks off work in total). Its very hard when you have no-one to lean on or help out.... BUT when you're feeling better, do try to get out and about a bit. I contacted an old friend and now go and help with horses, and ride a bit. It's great, and is well worth the huge amount of courage it took me to ask in the first place. I hope you have a lovely day, doing things you enjoy.

MamaOgg Sat 23-Feb-13 07:24:36

Happy Birthday Teahouse, I hope you have a nice day and you are kind to Yourself. It's really draining getting over a big op. x

Possiblyoutedled Sat 23-Feb-13 07:23:20

Happy birthday. I was lp for years and my lowest point was a hospital stay when I had no special visitor with flowers and then nobody to pick me up from hospital and stay with me. Massive low point.
What are you doing today? Not sure how old you child us but I enjoy my children's company sometimes. Why don't you see a film and treat yourself to a meal out. Or you could get so some trash mags n chocolate.
Have a lovely day xx

DeafLeopard Sat 23-Feb-13 07:16:38

Excellent post by hoho.

And Treehouse

Happy birthday! Hope you have a fabulous day

fairplay Sat 23-Feb-13 07:12:39

Happy birthday!

Montybojangles Sat 23-Feb-13 07:02:59

Happy Birthday Teahouse. Hope you wake up feeling more positive. Watch a good film, something like Priscilla, queen of the desert to lift your mood and make you feel good. Have a lovely birthday xxx

GeordieCherry Sat 23-Feb-13 06:49:59

Happy birthday! winethanks

Ok, February challenge: do one thing to change your situation. Just one, doesn't have to be a big 'un, but something you think you might enjoy

I moved cities to be with DP & knew I needed to make friends separate from him & his life. I joined a book club, not the first one but the right one for me. See what tickles your fancy. I've found friends on Gumtree too. It's like clothes in TK Maxx, you need to discard some rubbish, but the good stuff is there smile

And another Happy Birthday x

KeatsiePie Sat 23-Feb-13 06:45:52

Happy birthday! I'm sorry you've been feeling low but hope you have a lovely day with your DC. And for you, my first ever bunch of thanks

Isityouorme Sat 23-Feb-13 06:37:40

Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday dear Teahouse
Happy birthday to you

MagzFarqharson Sat 23-Feb-13 02:20:41

Happy Birthday Teahouse thankswinethanksbearthanks

Have a lovely day, you're not alone xxx

Dryjuice25 Sat 23-Feb-13 02:10:52

Lots of thanks to cheer you up.Happy Birthday

pollypandemonium Sat 23-Feb-13 01:29:05

What kind of music do you like? We could post you some links. Music always cheers me up.

whethergirl Sat 23-Feb-13 01:22:40

Oh, and as part of my treat day, I also played my Amy Winehouse album and sang into the remote control and pretended I had her amazing voice and that everyone adored me but then I am a bit pathetic

whethergirl Sat 23-Feb-13 01:19:09

Happy Birthday Teahouse!

I hope you do something to spoil yourself today. You know, I was feeling a bit crappy this week and have had so much on lately, so thought I would treat myself today. It's really nice to be able to do that without having to depend on anyone else. I ate out, and bought myself some clothes/jewellery and ate loads of chocolate even though I was supposed to be at uni. I went by myself because I prefer that way, today was all about me and sometimes, with friends, they can - you know, do your head in a bit, drag you into a shop you don't like etc. Spoke to my cousin earlier and told her my plans, she said it's the kind of thing she'd love for her dh to do for her when she was having a crap week, but most likely wouldn't.

I am a lone parent with a ds of 7, split up with dp when I was pregnant, haven't seen him in years. When ds was 5, I started feeling lonely and felt needed to be cared for, instead of caring for, all the time. So went on dating sites, met a bloke and was with him for 2 years. Gosh, did I miss my single life during those 2 years! I enjoyed being with him at the time, but didn't realise how much I loved my independance, having solely me time, having more freedom and had forgotten all the annoying, tiresome things that often come with having a relationship. So, please try and enjoy what you have at the moment, not least because you might meet someone one day, so enjoy what you have now while it lasts!

Sorry to hear about your operation - be extra kind to yourself, recovery takes a while and has an impact on your emotional as well as physical being.

sadeyedladyofthelowlandsase Sat 23-Feb-13 01:11:45

Dance around your kitchen to this Never fails to make me boogie.

sadeyedladyofthelowlandsase Sat 23-Feb-13 00:54:12

I think we always feel shit when we start a thread on MN and no one bites - especially when you see the crap that other people post and get lots of instant, hilarious and incisive posts wink

Don't take it personally, yeah I know how that sounds. It really isn't personal, it's just that other stuff is bopping up.

Happy birthday to you! You were listening to Aggers, weren't you? I got a bit teary at that too. this'll stop you feeling bad It doesn't matter how many times I hear it, I still laugh.

foslady Sat 23-Feb-13 00:46:36

Happy birthday - sorry, I didn't see this in chat earlier.

My exh is with his OW, sometimes it makes me angry too thinking that she's got him doing everything I wanted him to do but point blank refused for me. Then I remember just how bad it was when he was here and I think that they must be well suited for each other......here, let's raise a glass to you wine

Southwest Sat 23-Feb-13 00:45:15

Happy Birthday for today

Do you have a little treat planned for yourself?

(Chocolate, wine or cake seem like good ideas)

redplasticspoon Sat 23-Feb-13 00:38:44

Your children love you.

Happy Birthday smile

theweeyin Sat 23-Feb-13 00:36:26

Well it's now your birthday so................. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!
XXX

Oopla Fri 22-Feb-13 22:52:07

Sometimes it goes the other way x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now