to not understand people who bag up their dog's poo then leave the bag behind

(53 Posts)
LisasCat Tue 19-Feb-13 11:26:44

Is there a really obvious reason I'm not getting, lacking the dog ownership knowledge as I am? Perhaps if they picked it up on their way back I'd understand, but they don't. Our village is littered with neat little bags of dog shit, sometimes hanging on fences or trees, sometimes just left on the ground. Do these people think they're any less of a twat than the people who do nothing? Who do they expect to pick up the bag and dispose of it properly? Have they considered how interesting a neatly knotted bag looks to a 2 year old? Am I allowed to scream obscenities if I witness them doing this, or will a dog owner enlighten me as to why this is, in fact, perfectly reasonable and universally condoned behaviour?

IAmLouisWalsh Tue 19-Feb-13 17:54:58

I have done this blush

In my defence, it was on a coastal walk we did regularly on holiday. We would do a mile, then turn round and come back the same way. Dog would always poo in the first few minutes, so we would bag it and hide it, then pick it up on the way back - we never, ever, left it.

The locals just used to take a spade and chuck it down the cliff edge...

Thingiebob Tue 19-Feb-13 18:00:36

Oldraver

That's the stuff nightmares are made of. I would be totally traumatised if I had bags of dog shit walloped at my head.

It is disgusting... unless people pick it up and put it in the bin, then I automatically hate dog owners.

crashdoll Tue 19-Feb-13 19:58:46

I do get why people don't like carrying bags of dog poo around. It's poo - it smells! But it's part and parcel of being a dog owner.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now