To think that a 7 year old can be expected to

(106 Posts)
Verycold Thu 14-Feb-13 23:01:47

Be quiet during a show. And even if it is a show mainly for children, you still shouldnt chat all the way through it as if you were in front of your telly at home.

jeff a lot of cinemas do ASD friendly/SN showings now if you feel more comfortable doing that?

kinkyfuckery Sat 16-Feb-13 17:35:51

So the problem wasn't with the kid chatting, it was the mother? Have you considered maybe the mother has SN?

Callycat Sat 16-Feb-13 18:00:01

Ah, thanks hazeyjane. I get it now!

(and I won't make the "SN kids" mistake again blush)

Roseformeplease Sat 16-Feb-13 18:15:17

My worst cinema noise moment involved some perfectly ordinary looking adult women who proceeded to sing all the way through at the top of their voices (Mamma Mia), off key and without really knowing the words. It was a karaoke style nightmare.

I expect children to do their best when they are out and about and for their parents to support them.

Catchingmockingbirds Sat 16-Feb-13 19:13:56

I think these threads also get a bit heated cally because if someone mentions the possibility of SN due to sensory seeking/hyperactivity/skewed sense of social norms etc (possibly as they've experienced this with their own child), they're made to feel bad by some posters for mentioning it in the first plae iyswim? And this obviously upsets others and causes arguments such as those seen up thread.

Callycat Sat 16-Feb-13 19:26:56

Thanks, Catching - it is clearly a very sensitive area. I am still learning smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now