to think audis are mostly driven by idiots

(232 Posts)
germyrabbit Thu 14-Feb-13 21:21:31

everytime i drive on the motorway an audi is up my arse flashing me to move over. on crimewatch just now an audi driver ploughed into some pedestrians in a town centre.

what it is about an audi that makes people drive like morons?

Cortana Thu 14-Feb-13 21:42:05

So you are overtaking..... to which I said in which case YANBU.

"Obviously if you are overtaking with the intention of moving over as soon as is safe while obeying the speed limit YANBU"

OverlyYappy Thu 14-Feb-13 21:42:32

My Dad had one he just changed it for a BMW again

YANBU He used to take up 2 parking spaces too to protect his beautiful car. hmm

He didn't drive like a maniac when I was with him

However when he did his swap about and seen his long lost brother at a family gathering what did he do ?

They left the Church after the wedding whilst we had to bus it to the reception and on the pretense of feeding dogs/cats etc they went for drive down the motorway angry

I drove it too, didn't like it tbh, it stopped at the lights and I am sure it puts handbrake on or took it of itself or something weird, stupid thing drove itself imo...

Like the disc change music thing

AnyFucker Thu 14-Feb-13 21:43:42

Hackchully, I don't think this is about what car you drive

I think it is about southerners being shite people

You get a better class of person on the M60, dontcha know

MmeLindor Thu 14-Feb-13 21:43:45

Funny you should say that. I turned onto a mini roundabout just before an Audi this morning and he was not impressed. Tailgated me all the way up the road, before tooting impatiently when I indicated and stopped at the school. Utter wanker.

If he'd driven into the back of my lovely Audi A3, I'd have taken his head off.

Startail Thu 14-Feb-13 21:44:14

I'm very nice to Audi's. A lot if the unmarked police cars patrolling our local pop festival were audi's

MmeLindor Thu 14-Feb-13 21:45:25

Yappy
I'd say that is evidence of your dad being a wanker, not the car making him one.

Johnnysknickers Thu 14-Feb-13 21:47:35

I drive an Audi.

Very, very carefully as it is brand new and I only passed my test last year. I've never exceeded the speed limit and rarely overtake anyone if I can avoid it. grin

Sugarice Thu 14-Feb-13 21:48:23

Dh drives au Audi, he's a great driver and not a twat.

Vicky2011 Thu 14-Feb-13 21:48:34

If there is a car up my arse it is more often than not a Golf

mine is a Beemer and I love her very much <sad>

But it is a very very long time since I got anywhere close to 90 mph

JugsMcGee Thu 14-Feb-13 22:13:27

Funny this should come up, I had a delightful encounter with an Audi SUV today. I was in the outside lane, clearly overtaking a long line of middle lane hoggers slower moving traffic. She flew up behind me and proceeded to drive about 3ft from my bumper. Quite where I was supposed to go, or what would have happened if I'd had to brake suddenly, I don't know.

I think there are pillocky drivers of a variety of cars though, not just Audis.

ComposHat Thu 14-Feb-13 22:13:54

That said, drivers of aged Toyota Corrollas are charming, suave and urbane and an extremely considerate driver. It is a fact.

There is no actual evidence for this, bit it is nevertheless a fact.

KenDoddsDadsDog Thu 14-Feb-13 22:17:28

I'm not a wanker in my nice brand new Audi. But I might turn into one first thing tomorrow seeing as I have been tarred with the bad driver brush.
Maybe you're just a shit driver yourself ?

AnyFucker Thu 14-Feb-13 22:22:20

Aww, no-one bit after my massively goady contribution smile

sparkle101 Thu 14-Feb-13 22:26:13

I agree a great deal of cars that sit in my boot when overtaking are audis and get really a annoyed with the brand.

However and I may be making a generalisation here, I think the majority of shite Audi drivers (and other brands of car) are business cars and so get driven by people in a rush, don't care about who's in their way, which may account for a higher percentage of those cars.

I have been paying more attention to cars around me when driving recently and there are quite a few audis driven carefully. So yanbu as you said most.

KenDoddsDadsDog Thu 14-Feb-13 22:26:20

I just agree with you Any Fucker.

Doha Thu 14-Feb-13 22:26:36

Hmmmm I have a audi... does that make me an idiot hmm

YABVVU

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

AnyFucker Thu 14-Feb-13 22:29:34

oh, sorry ken < links arms >

maresedotes Thu 14-Feb-13 22:36:51

Yanbu. I can always guarantee that it's an Audi driver racing up behind me when I'm overtaking. Can never wait, too busy speeding on the M25.

Strictly1 Thu 14-Feb-13 22:37:37

I drive a TT which I love. I don't recall the twat chip being inserted. Sounds like jealousy tbh. I've worked bloody hard to afford my car, and drive sensibly thank you.

Salmotrutta Thu 14-Feb-13 22:38:32

Ah now, people who judge folks by the cars they drive are only marginally less stoopid than those colleagues of mine who scan new class registers and pre-judge pupils according to their first names.

I don't drive an Audi.

Salmotrutta Thu 14-Feb-13 22:40:43

And some teachers (not me) do pre-judge your children (and you by association) according to names.

Hope you don't have a Darren or a Kayleigh OP.

OverlyYappy Thu 14-Feb-13 22:43:45

MMLindor My Dad may be an idiot but please do not call him Wanker thanks

Ahhhcrap Thu 14-Feb-13 22:44:10

I drive an Audi and I'm awesome smile it's not my fault people can't drive and I have to ask them to move by flashing my lights and pushing them out the way! grin

iklboo Thu 14-Feb-13 22:44:15

If you give me a while I could probably come up with acronyms for all car makes, not just Audis.

To be fair - I know there are some Audi drivers who drive like idiots & some who drive really well. Same for all other cars <pitches for place in the UN>.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now