to think that if you stiryour beverage more than twice, you should expect some jaw clenching from your accompanists?

(59 Posts)
GretaGip Mon 11-Feb-13 13:57:38

It's farking annoying.

Put the spoon down and move away from the agitation.

Grrrr.

[shirt-tempered]

youfhearted Tue 12-Feb-13 11:10:22

dd likes to drink a cup of coffee with the spoon in the mug, which is just rude according to my upbringing. and dangerous, she might swallow the spoon, according to my dm

TheBigJessie Tue 12-Feb-13 11:14:24

You actually notice how much people stir their hot drinks?

Is it too late for you to retrain in forensics, or something?

Maryz Tue 12-Feb-13 11:16:27

<hands out spoons for stirring>

<and grips for getting>

[snigger]

MardyBraWouldDoEddieRedmayne Tue 12-Feb-13 11:19:34

I like to blow (my drink that is). I have a limited time in the morning to knock back an espresso, eat a crumpet and sort out a packed lunch before leaving the house. Is it OK that I do some blowing so I can get my caffeine fix down me quickly?

NeverBeenToMe Tue 12-Feb-13 11:19:53

I divorced on the grounds of the stir-stir-stir-chink-chink-chink on the side of the cup.

True story. almost

TheBigJessie Tue 12-Feb-13 11:21:01

NeverBeenToMe I remember that bloody song...

I don't thank you for reminding me!

Floggingmolly Tue 12-Feb-13 11:38:12

Your accompanists? Do you really need a brass band to cheer you on stirring a cup of coffee? A full meal with you must be interesting...

Maryz Tue 12-Feb-13 11:46:31

Has anyone mentioned the "my tea is too hot to drink so I will slurp"-ers?

They are more offensive than the clinky stirrers.

Theicingontop Tue 12-Feb-13 14:13:18

No no no Maryz! If tea has to be slurped in order to be enjoyed at the correct boiling hot temperature, then so be it. Can't blame anyone for avoiding a lukewarm cup of tea half way down the mug.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now