To keep them off school

(57 Posts)
AugustMoon Mon 11-Feb-13 08:26:47

I've got a headache, it's been snowing (school's 10 min drive away), they - ds1 9 and ds2 6, don't want to go. I really hate being the baddy nagging them to get ready when they really don't want to go. Feel they'll hate me for it. Never kept them off before but really haven't got the will this morning. And don't really want to take 6 month old baby out in the car on the roads. What do you think? Am I just crap?

Pagwatch Mon 11-Feb-13 11:19:56

DD so loves the whole snuggling in bed a bit longer thing that she sets her alarm for 6.00 am, comes into our bed and stays there for half an hour.
It's her own 'I want five more minutes' strategy.

pag I mean everyone feels like this getting the kids out of the house in the morning. Unless they have staff to do it for them- and no I don't know anyone who does either!

I wouldn't keep the kids off school just because it's a stress fest getting them out of the house or they d never go

I was referring to usualsuspect saying we all have days like this well some of us do.

Meaning I don't know anyone who can truthfully say they don't iyswim?

lljkk Mon 11-Feb-13 14:18:12

Hope you're feeling better AugustMoon.

Pagwatch Mon 11-Feb-13 14:20:26

Ah. Ok smile
I didn't realise you were replying to Usual.
That makes sense . Ta

foxache Mon 11-Feb-13 14:33:25

Well done OP, I hope you're feeling better.

I know from bitter experience that letting ds stay off because he was feeling mildly unwell and moaning, leads to weeks and weeks of the same behaviour sad

Probably the only thing today that has made sense so far pag !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now