to feel somebody tried to murder us?

(97 Posts)
SoleSource Sat 09-Feb-13 19:57:59

by slashing my car tyre?

I did not notice for about four miles down tbe road.

Sirzy Sat 09-Feb-13 21:12:53

Holly is right, you are going to make yourself ill coming up with all sorts of mad ideas. A puctured tyre does not equate trying to kill someone.

KeepingCalmAndPostingNicely Sat 09-Feb-13 21:14:01

Is your keyboard teetotal too?

Pandemoniaa Sat 09-Feb-13 21:15:31

It's a very nasty act of vandalism but not a murder attempt. To be honest, it's quite hard not to notice that all your tyres are flat so I imagine whoever did it thought they'd cause you real grief by not having a car you could drive. If they wanted to murder you, tyre slashing wouldn't be an effective way of going about it so I don't think you need to fear for your life as a result of this horrible episode.

You need to report it to the police though.

Sirzy Sat 09-Feb-13 21:15:44

grin keepingcalm

TheOldBamboo Sat 09-Feb-13 21:20:54

Oh dear. SoleSource I do wonder whether you need to go and have a chat with someone about sorting all of this out.

Whether that person is your GP or the police is beyond me.

FeistyLass Sat 09-Feb-13 21:28:40

There was a manslaughter inquiry just last year when a woman died after someone deliberately slashed her tyre. She didn't realise and lost control of her car on the motorway.
Telegraph tyre article

A slashed tyre doesn't always automatically deflate but it can then deflate suddenly hence why it can be very dangerous.

So in some ways YANBU but it's probably unlikely your neighbour realised how serious a slashed tyre can be.

SoleSource Sat 09-Feb-13 21:30:45

I have nobody in RL to talk to about it so needed to talk here.

Ok .. I feel OK now and have already stayed I was being OTT. I helped hergt her child back from child protection.. This is how I.am repaid. ..

NeverBeenToMe Sat 09-Feb-13 21:31:05

Sole - knowing a little of the back story, I hope you're ok. As soon as the cctv is installed, you'll have proof of any criminal damage.

Hope you have a peaceful evening.

lindsay321 Sat 09-Feb-13 21:33:09

Am I missing something here?

Why are people being cruel to the OP? Do you guys know something I don't?

KeepingCalm - the OP might be drunk or an appalling typist. Either way that's mean.

Sirzy - same goes for you. For shame.

Geekster Sat 09-Feb-13 21:41:13

Someone stuck a screwdriver through and punctured two of our tyres in a Tesco car park once. The trolley man had seen it and waited by our car to tell us. Totally random. This was us stopping off for a couple of bits of shopping on our way home from hospital after finding out we had, had yet another miscarriage. Some people are just mindless vandles.

SoleSource Sat 09-Feb-13 21:44:40

My fourteen year.old Son is totally blind, severly Autistic and lots of other problems. Imagine if we were in the car in the City of Birmingham, late at night. She isjealous of our car. She has just been banned and has a criminal recordfor insuring her car in get dead Mitber'sname. She has never had even a provisional license and drove her.toddler around. The womanis crazy.

BinksToEnlightenment Sat 09-Feb-13 21:46:31

Geekster that's horrible sad

SoleSource Sat 09-Feb-13 21:48:06

Geekster sad how odd some people are. Spiteful.

Geekster Sat 09-Feb-13 21:50:32

Yes some people are awful. It was so random, just the wrong place at the wrong time. Though after six miscarriages we had our longed for DD last March.

SoleSource Sat 09-Feb-13 21:51:56

grin I am very glad Geekster.

FlyingFig Sat 09-Feb-13 21:55:00

Bloody awful thing to happen. I would be anxious as well, but I think you are over-thinking the issue (which when you're anxious is easily done). I don't think this woman wanted to murder you, or cause you and your DS any immediate harm, but wanted to inconvenience you, rather than plotting with intent to kill.

What have the police said? Has she told you directly she is jealous of your car?

HollyBerryBush Sat 09-Feb-13 21:56:42

As someone asked earlier and didnt get a response, you might have over posted it but

Did
you
go
to
the
police?

because that would be the rational response from someone who thinks they are bout to be the next case study on Silent Witness

SoleSource Sat 09-Feb-13 21:59:10

Yes I.mafe a report and tbey are coming to.speak to neighbours.

Undure of what you are getting out of your comments to me but go for it!

FlyingFig Sat 09-Feb-13 22:01:04

Is that comment for me?

confused

TheSecretCervixDNCOP Sat 09-Feb-13 22:01:45

Holly back the fuck down, OP has been going through a difficult time lately and you want to be getting off her case if you ask me!

SoleSource Sat 09-Feb-13 22:02:20

Hides thread..

No Flying

FlyingFig Sat 09-Feb-13 22:04:38

Cross posted, sorry!

lindsay321 Sat 09-Feb-13 22:14:47

OP - we believe you.

I'm sorry your going through such a shit time but I don't think it's attempted murder. Glad you've gone to the police though, they'll decide what happened and what to do next.

Have some thanks

SucksToBeMe Sat 09-Feb-13 22:27:18

Somebody slashed SS tyres and she comes on here only to be called unhinged ??? WTAF?

hmm

TheSecretCervixDNCOP Sat 09-Feb-13 22:33:57

SucksToBeMe I know!! Thought better of Mumsnetters. As a previous thread by SS she is feeling very lonely and vunerable so thought as many others do that she could maybe get some support on here like so many others receive.

Shame on those who have further added to this lady's misery. Shame shame shame.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now