To want to give Michael Gove a Chinese burn

(140 Posts)
RavenVonChaos Fri 08-Feb-13 19:03:25

And then kick him hard in the shins before booting him into outer space?

Am I, am I ? confused

MajorBumsore Mon 11-Feb-13 21:35:10

I'd like to shut him in my classroom with 3 of my most <ahem> challenging boys. They'd make short work of him!

ravenAK Mon 11-Feb-13 14:20:29

ooooh, why did I not see this?

I would like to volunteer to shoot him repeatedly in the face with my wall stapler. I have dreams about doing this...

feelokaboutit Mon 11-Feb-13 11:56:07

sorry, didn't turn it into a link:

savegladstoneparkschool.blogspot.co.uk/

feelokaboutit Mon 11-Feb-13 11:55:19

I'm with you Raven. I think a revolution is the right approach since clearly Mr Gove and his cronies are listening to no one.

citizensmith our primary school is also being forced to become an academy sad and here is the link to the parents' website: http://savegladstoneparkschool.blogspot.co.uk/

I think we should organise a march on parliament and get as many parents and staff from different schools involved as possible.

SaladIsMyFriend Mon 11-Feb-13 11:46:00

YANBU

belgianbun the way that Department is run is pretty shocking, that article doesn't surprise me at all.

Eebahgum Mon 11-Feb-13 10:39:46

A beautiful poem. Clearly an inspirational teacher. I wonder why he left the profession? If only Michael Gove would employ him to write the new draft national curriculum, our children would have a chance of being inspired, engaged & motivated to learn. X

dawntigga Mon 11-Feb-13 09:54:27

Eebahgum Taylor Mali use to be a teacher but is now a poet, he's also had a really hard life do not read Tony Steinberg: Brave Seventh Grade Viking Warrior with people around if you don't want them to see you sobbing uncontrollably, it's the story of one boy who was in his class. More people need to value teachers and every single time I hear people putting teachers down I use that poem.

He'sAGodTiggaxx

SuffolkNWhat Sun 10-Feb-13 22:00:27

Sadly that does not surprise me belgianbun sad

Eebahgum Sun 10-Feb-13 20:14:13

Thanks for the link dawntigga. Bloody brilliant to see someone so passionate about our profession. X

corblimeymadam Sun 10-Feb-13 20:08:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

kim147 Sun 10-Feb-13 18:31:39

I know a school like that. All they seem to be doing is recruiting fresh blood teachers as the others leave. Thing is - this school has a reputation now locally amongst teachers and they aren't getting many applicants.

Life's too short.

aamia Sun 10-Feb-13 18:23:55

I know (through a friend who taught there briefly) of a head who was so obsessed with getting 'Outstanding', that they hounded their staff into the ground, adopted every new initiative, demanded over the top paperwork, endless lesson observations, etc etc. They paced the school corridors like a tiger waiting to pounce, watching what went on, behaviour, the lot.

Did the school get outstanding? Nope. Results fell as the staff were too overstressed and overburdened with paperwork/constant changes, replanning etc to teach properly. Parents left the school in droves, as did staff. Each year a nearly entirely new staff faced this, and each year they left to go somewhere more reasonable. As a result, no progress could ever be made, and results continued to spiral downwards.

Mr Gove is an idiot. I will vote at the next election, with the simple aim of getting his party OUT!

pointythings Sun 10-Feb-13 17:24:16

I've just read the article in today's Independent here

This must not be allowed to happen. Gove needs to be got rid of. This entire government needs to be voted out.

And I'd like to see a moratorium on political meddling in the education. one lasting, say, 10 years. Just so that schools, teachers, parents and children can take a breath and get on with learning.

dawntigga Sun 10-Feb-13 12:46:54

This here poem by Taylor Mali (who is freaking awesome) sums up what I think of teachers.

I cannot say what I think of people who support Gove or Gove himself without getting a ban, suffice to say there is Semtex and enema's involved.

TeachersShouldTeachAndIdiotsShouldNotGetElectedTiggaxx

kim147 Sun 10-Feb-13 10:30:15

raven
Every 4 years grin

I think it's much more than that. Reviews come and go. We get told to do things we are already doing.

And hardly any change is made on any actual bloody evidence. Just a philosophy. Or in Gove's case - his prep school education which is useless for the majority of children I teach who need life skills, social skills and learning skills.

RavenVonChaos Sun 10-Feb-13 10:25:44

Toad in the hole.

Politicians have got the education system in a mess. Basically chopping an changing their minds every four years.

I want my children to love learning, to have a great experience on school life with teachers who are valued and have time to prepare a solid and deep learning experience. Not have to rush through a curriculum and prepare children for Sats. Children should be given a wide range of experiences and learn at their own pace. This just doesn't happen in my experience.

Teachers are treated appallingly in my opinion and I am not a teacher. I could not work in that kind of environment.

Feenie Sun 10-Feb-13 09:18:48

Yes - where are you, Toadinthehole?

BatmanLovesVodkaAndCherryade Sun 10-Feb-13 09:07:39
Euphemia Sun 10-Feb-13 07:51:20

Where are you, Toadinthehole?

corblimeymadam Sun 10-Feb-13 07:13:34

YABU. I live in a country with an education system superior to the UK. Teachers here who have taught in the UK have often remark to me of poorly educated children, ill-informed children, mismanaged schools and so on. Yet whenever reform is proposed, a great chorus of wailing and complaining rises to the heavens.

Save the vitriol for those who got the system into this mess - not Gove.

sleepylampost Sat 09-Feb-13 22:45:02

Please sign petition stopping bullyboy Gove and henchmen picking on little Primary school. tinyurl.com/saveroke Please help!

sleepylampost Sat 09-Feb-13 22:43:17

Think he is able to give himself several major simultaneous Chinese burns. See tomorrow's papers!

corblimeymadam Sat 09-Feb-13 21:57:57

AmazingDisgrace Sat 09-Feb-13 21:54:46

Front cover of the Independent tomorrow looks interesting. Apparently Gove has secret plans to sell off academies. Sorry don't have a link someone on Twitter has the picture

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now