To ask if there are any songs in your collection...

(74 Posts)
IrnBruChew Sun 03-Feb-13 22:50:20

You'd be embarrassed of that you love, a guilty pleasure?

My friend was round earlier and mocked me because I had Gold, Spandau Ballett and Together in Electric Dreams on my iPod! I just love those songs! There were a few others too and she didn't even know who sang them either but slagged me for the Spandau Ballett number

MolotovCocktail Tue 05-Feb-13 09:43:19

I like some Def Leppard stuff from the late 80s (Animal, I think the album is) ...

My phone is full of embarrassing shit grin

Shania Twain - nearly a whole album!
East 17 - Stay another day
Couple of backstreet boys, 5ive, bewitched, Daphne and Celeste blush

Probably loads more.

drjohnsonscat Tue 05-Feb-13 09:29:57

don't go breaking my heart works brilliantly for karaoke too. Just so you know grin

andubelievedthat Mon 04-Feb-13 20:25:38

Weegiemum(Glasgow?) that is a killer record! i hunted down a cd with it on it and am old enough to remember dancing to it at the community centre(unnamed!) disco ! (yes, disco)! think i was 14/15 yoa >oh happy days .

drjohnsonscat Mon 04-Feb-13 17:19:50

Cliff seems immune to any sort of rehabilitation. But Move It is actually quite cool blush. And The Young Ones. And The Day I Met Marie

<shows worrying level of Cliff awareness>

IrnBruChew Mon 04-Feb-13 17:16:58

I have a thing for Olly Murs!

jamdonut an ad came on a few weeks ago for Neil Diamonds greatest hits (I think) I keep forgetting to order it! His songs are so catchy!

GroupieGirl Mon 04-Feb-13 17:16:42

I have quite eclectic tastes, and enjoy going to see random, unsigned bands. But my God I love the Backstreet Boys!

jamdonut Mon 04-Feb-13 17:07:53

I've got A Barry Manilow LP, a Cliff Richard LP, A Neil Diamond LP, A David Essex LP....all bought when I was a young teenager! Then I moved up to Elton John LP's and ELO...then Ultravox and Duran Duran...Then moved on to Marillion!

I also have Spice Girls,Oasis,Robbie Williams and Take That CD's.

I am now the proud owner of all Muse's CD's...These are my pride and joy and what I listen to most of all.Nothing and no-one else comes close.

But I'm still partial to a bit of Olly Murs (I have all his CD's too!!)

weegiemum Mon 04-Feb-13 16:49:31

Elton John & Kiki Dee - Don't go breaking my heart!

It's the first no1 I ever remember. I was five-and-a-half. Love it!

mademred Mon 04-Feb-13 16:49:17

Lying the witch and wardrobe
I can top that, I saw renee and renato in concert when I was child and got their autograph and a kiss from the man himself.i particularly liked the b side of that song, its a lovely day, made my attempts at karoeke sound wounderful.!

SkinnybitchWannabe Mon 04-Feb-13 16:45:28

Oh and T'pau China in your hand. Now thats a power ballad!

SkinnybitchWannabe Mon 04-Feb-13 16:43:57

Got to be 5 Star System Addict..loved all their cheesy classic songs

IrnBruChew Mon 04-Feb-13 16:36:49

Yeah I love it too ceebeegeebies

Maybe embarrassed was the wrong wording, probably cheesiest songs you love would have been better

Also Total Eclipse of the Heart, can't beat belting that out in the shower!

ceebeegeebies Mon 04-Feb-13 16:27:47

My iPod is one big embarrassment if anyone was to ever see what was on it wink

In particular, there are songs from Steps, S Club Juniors, Chesney Hawkes, soppy stuff from Chicago (the band, not the musical)...I have great taste in music grin

OP - I also have Together in Electric Dreams which is one of my fave tracks EVER - that is just classic 80's music, not embarrassing smile

Boney M
Carpenters
Bee Gees

Greatest Hits of all of these

A Latin Fever compilation with all sorts of cheesy stuff on it.

Bootsy - that has crossed my mind about the Carpenters too.

GoEasyPudding Mon 04-Feb-13 16:16:22

I am never ashamed by what I enjoy. I actually get a bit of a thrill when I find that something I like a lot is also something others might scoff at.

Cliff Richard "Wired for Sound"
Five "Keep on Moving"
David Lee Roth "Paradise"
Def Leppard, "Animal"
Falco "Rock me Amedues"
N Dubz "Number 1"

Sorry about N-Dubz, I think I may have crossed the line and I should feel the shame.

bootsycollins Mon 04-Feb-13 16:02:54

I'm not embarrassed but I don't advertise it either but I love the Carpenters, if I'm alone and have the best of on sometimes I indulge myself in a little cry, Karen had a beautiful voice. Has anybody seen the made for tv Carpenters story? It's on the Bio channel sometimes, used to watch it as an innocent child but watched it recently and picked up on weird incest vibes, nothing was said it was just suggested by their behaviour or maybe I'm a sicko? confused

almostanotherday Mon 04-Feb-13 16:02:27

Steps-Chain Reaction smile

BarredfromhavingStella Mon 04-Feb-13 15:58:57

Ricky Martin-Livin La Vi Da Loca, I fucking luv it & can't help but have a little boogie round the kitchen blush

drjohnsonscat Mon 04-Feb-13 15:58:46

I have Best of Olivia Newton John on my iPod. For Xanadu and Sam and everything from Grease. Not ashamed grin

vladthedisorganised Mon 04-Feb-13 15:57:24

Not ashamed now, but my teenage self would have been horrified at Calling All The Heroes by It Bites. It's a great tune.

I suppose my 'worthy singer/guitarist tackles world issues' albums are probably the ones that embarrass me now. While Love Music Hate Racism is actually quite a good collection, the climate change album that contained the wonderful lyrics "One world/ Let it be free from pollution/ One world/ Stop man's wicked destruction.." and had Suzanne Vega singing about the tragedy of whaling in Japan is so madly right-on it's quite painful now.

Dinosaurhunter Mon 04-Feb-13 15:50:28

Susan Boyle ! Wild horses I love it .

freddiefrog Mon 04-Feb-13 15:35:22

Oh, I've just remembered I've got the sound track to Titanic stashed in the back of a cupboard

I am embarrassed by that!

freddiefrog Mon 04-Feb-13 15:27:10

Justin Bieber! Somehow I've managed to merge my playlist with my daughter's and I can't get rid of it.

She's probably equally embarrassed by my Bryan Adams collection

I'll listen to anything except thrash metal, opera and dance music that sounds like car alarms going off. My lack of musical taste is well known to my friends so I'm not embarrassed anymore

MrsKeithRichards Mon 04-Feb-13 15:21:13

I remember them FeckOff I really quite liked them but did prefer hers. I'd forgot all about them until his version was on in Poundstretchers before Christmas there <random>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now