to start a thread on a topic which I suspect has been done to death?

(129 Posts)
yaimee Fri 01-Feb-13 22:31:16

Misheard song lyrics (sorry)!
There is a song that has been playing on the jukebox at work quite a lot recently, I found out today it's Erotic by Madonna.
Until now I've been singing 'Bill Oddie, Bill Oddie, put your hands all over my body'.
I'm pretty gutted now I know the real words!

IrnBruChew Sat 02-Feb-13 00:42:13

Last night I dreamt of sandpaper.

That song has soapy variations grin

IrnBruChew Sat 02-Feb-13 00:42:38

So many, not soapy haha

BlahBlahWhatever Sat 02-Feb-13 01:07:17

She sees the half pint reaching for the top shelf
Always thought it was very dwarfist until I found out the actual words are
She seems to have an invisible touch,yeah

GrumpyCrossPatch Sat 02-Feb-13 01:36:56

"I'm a Cilla Black fan on bike" is apparently not the message that Meatloaf was hoping to get across in Bat Out of Hell.....

Midlifecrisisarefun Sat 02-Feb-13 06:44:55

DD used to sing 'more than a woman' as 'more than a womble'
grin

scrivette Sat 02-Feb-13 06:47:37

YY Crosspatch. I only found out the real lyrics on Mumsnet a few weeks ago.

'My love has got no money, he's got his strombelice'.

ErikNorseman Sat 02-Feb-13 06:50:08

That Florence and Calvin Harris song is currently stuck in my head. I hear 'you're giving me sexy airplanes' which I know cannot be right, but I have no idea what it is.

greenandcabbagelooking Sat 02-Feb-13 07:09:20

It's not "the devil is the skies". I learnt this circa one year ago.

barefootwalker Sat 02-Feb-13 07:12:51

For ages i thought Shania was singing "I can't believe you kiss your carpet knife", slightly fixed by this until I realised it was car at night.

As a teenager, listening to the Dirty Dancing soundtrack I was a little horrified when my Mum began to sing "hold my arse..." instead of hungry eyes,I had to correct her. Oh the embarrassment!

My mum thought Take that's 'All I do each night is pray' was 'all I do is shine my face'

A few years ago now but still makes me smile.

PurplePidjin Sat 02-Feb-13 07:33:43

Wash your back, wash your back you know I'll wash. Your back for good

Take That hmm

TheNebulousBoojum Sat 02-Feb-13 07:37:02

DD used to sing 'Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work we go...with a shovel and a pig and a walking stick...'
She had numerous reasons why the dwarves would take a pig with them.

wooga Sat 02-Feb-13 08:09:06

This old farney,now we don't talk anymore - Cliff

And I feel like icecream - Will Young

'cause you sentenced me to paradise - Bruno M.

Meatballs,meatballs,meat-meat-meat-meat-meatballs - some eighties song,can't remember who!

Funnily enough just yesterday I was listening to REM The Sidewinder Sleeps & thinking about 'calling Cheryl Baker up'. Still not sure what the words are but I'm pretty sure Michael Stipe isn't singing about phoning a member of Bucks Fizz grin

catgirl1976 Sat 02-Feb-13 08:27:18

There is a dance tune that goes

"Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii Can't get enough. No, no, no, no"

DH spent many a year trying to look cool in nightclubs whilst singing

"Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii Can't get it up..........."

grin

Maebe Sat 02-Feb-13 08:35:09

That Ocean Colour Scene song. I always thought it was "write another song like 'Billy Heard the Day He Caught the Train'", as if that was the full name of the song, rather than writing a song that was like the one Billy heard that day. On worked that out a few weeks ago!

chanie44 Sat 02-Feb-13 09:10:22

My niece (aged 10) thought that Michael Jacksons 'billie jean' was 'skinny jeans'.

TLC 'creep' - I always sing 'you're a creep'. It was only recently that oh corrected me that its 'so I creep'.

DebK2012 Sat 02-Feb-13 09:15:37

My daughters friend thought the words to I'm sexy and I know it were when I wobble by girls be looking like gooey fly instead of when I walk on by girls be looking like god he's fly confused

mirry2 Sat 02-Feb-13 09:19:07

I'm sitting here in hysterics grin

Theas18 Sat 02-Feb-13 09:20:57

I can see clearly now Lorraine has gone...

chubbymomie2012 Sat 02-Feb-13 09:23:13

Lol ladies I love you all. Was feeling shit this morni g up from crack of dawn with ds3. Have just read this post and think I wet myself a little laughing!

FancyPuffin Sat 02-Feb-13 09:34:16

Turns out my lover has his strong beliefs...

Not his trombalezzz

hmm

Buzzardbird Sat 02-Feb-13 10:03:16

A "deathrow hard-on" always confused me too! I assumed it was caused by the effects of the chair! shock

On Tears Are Not Enough I thought there was a bit that said 'yes you showed your penis, yes you showed your chuff' shockblush

And meatballs is hit that perfect beat-bronski beat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now