AIBU by being really irritated by people saying "likkle" instead of "little" and...

(85 Posts)
Bogeyface Fri 25-Jan-13 14:41:37

....to be even more irritated by the fact that the person who was just saying it was my Health Visitor?!

I have never met her, managed to dodge that bullet for 2 years grin But on the phone she says this and REALLY annoys me!

I am probably BU but it really winds me up!

deleted203 Sat 26-Jan-13 03:47:47

I would have to seriously maim anyone who ever said, 'Whatever' to me in a dismissive tone of voice.

And I had a friend who was always showing me things she'd bought from Dorothy Perkins and saying, 'I picked it up in Dotty Ps'. Which set my teeth on edge.

Same friend says, 'Oh I know, babes!' to me in a serious tone of voice and I loathe it.

Primadonnagirl Sat 26-Jan-13 07:30:17

Agree w ith almost everyone on this thread, yeah? (thats one of my pet hates,yeah?)My MiL says pantomine instead of pantomime and zorbet instead of sorbet. she just doesn't know it's the wrong word and I'm scared one day I'll scream the right ones at her!And it's surprising how often they come up in our conversations!

Mockingcurl Sat 26-Jan-13 08:49:16

Oh yes, a friend of mine says "Urban Dee cay", and refers to everyone (in a very loud voice) as "Schweedie". confused

HollyBerryBush Sat 26-Jan-13 09:00:00

Fillum - its a bloody film

Smalls - nope, smalls are knickers not children

Well sick - nope you are either well or sick, not both, even if you mean you are good good

I was, like; innit like.... argh

Know what I mean?

Specific for Pacific

It's endless, it really is.

Ouroboros Sat 26-Jan-13 09:08:11

I really really hate it when someone asks for a slither of cake. It's a SLIVER!

Fakebook Sat 26-Jan-13 09:18:45

Chimley instead of chimney.

Samwidge instead of sandwich.

Bought instead of brought, or brought instead of bought.

HintofBream Sat 26-Jan-13 09:32:41

I was sat instead if I was sitting. Unless someone picked you up and plonked you on a chair.

AnnaBegins Sat 26-Jan-13 09:34:49

Ugh at my old work there was a director who said likkle. She thought it sounded cute and girly. It didn't, it sounded unprofessional.

Arthurfowlersallotment Sat 26-Jan-13 09:35:20

I saw 'ikkle boi' on Facebook.

Charlie01234 Sat 26-Jan-13 10:13:02

Hearing people say "should of" instead of "should have" - really makes my teeth itch !

This!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now