To wonder what other posters do that really annoy you?

(1000 Posts)
atthewelles Thu 24-Jan-13 10:49:28

For me it would probably be:

Not reading the OP properly and going off on a tangent
Pulling a thread totally OT in order to have a two way jokey conversation with someone else that goes on for pages and pages
Looking up someone's posting history and saying 'well on 5th April 2006 you said this and now you're saying that.

piprabbit Thu 24-Jan-13 11:31:52

OPs who disappear.

RandallPinkFloyd Thu 24-Jan-13 11:32:32

(What's wrong with bolding names?)

Pagwatch Thu 24-Jan-13 11:33:35

I agree with Worra about posters being snippy about spelling. Fuck off. It's a chat site not a fucking thesis.

For one reason 'wow. Just wow' irritates the crap out of me.

'is that all you have to worry about?'. No it's not. But just now this is what I am focussing on you sanctemonious twat.

Anyone who says 'I feel sorry or your children' on a thread about parking or lunch boxes or breast feeding is an utter cunt.

People who act as if no one on here should ever acknowledge each other ever. If people using the site regularly can't build any kind of relationship what's the point of using the same site regularly ?

TheAccidentalExhibitionist Thu 24-Jan-13 11:33:44

Text speak
posters who start lots of threads on the same subject
Posters who absolutely resolutely refuse to take the point that everyone is making
'Hun'
'Yawn'
'X' at the end of a post
Bitching then adding a smile afterwards in a passive aggressive way
Stealth boasting

Blimey, I've thought of loads and I don't get wound up much on here.

WorraLiberty Thu 24-Jan-13 11:34:17

Oh, people who include every single minute detail in their OP about their child's problem...but don't tell us how old the bloody child is.

It can make a massive difference to replies

And it's even more annoying if they bugger off and don't return to the thread for ages.

It just makes for pages of nonsensical advice, particularly if we've assumed the child is an infant and they turn out to be a teenager.

Merrylegs Thu 24-Jan-13 11:34:18

I don't know RandallPinkFloyd. It just irrationally irritates me. It feels like shouting. I want to say 'indoor voice'.

BupcakesAndCunting Thu 24-Jan-13 11:34:35

"It's like we've been taken over by Terry Tibbs from Phonejacker"

Twalk to me grin

RandallPinkFloyd Thu 24-Jan-13 11:35:22

Fair enough!

pictish Thu 24-Jan-13 11:35:55

Anyone who says 'I feel sorry or your children' on a thread about parking or lunch boxes or breast feeding is an utter cunt.

Yes....absolutely.

Who the fuck do these people think they are, feeling sorry for another poster's children over sod bloody all. They don't actually have any sympathy at all, only superiority, which they feel quite at liberty to rub in others faces. Disgusting behaviour...makes me flush with annoyance.

TheAccidentalExhibitionist Thu 24-Jan-13 11:36:00

OPs that disappear, yes that's a good one.
I posted recently after someone asked for advice on their boiler <boring> Hunted down DH, did some research together and posted possible answers. OP never came back.

Arse licking

WorraLiberty Thu 24-Jan-13 11:36:28

I like people bolding names because otherwise it's easy to miss a post directed at you.

thegreylady Thu 24-Jan-13 11:36:50

I hate people who cry troll if a poster hasn't been back for a while. Often ( I can think of two currently) there is genuine distress and requests for advice. All you need to do is report to MNHQ without announcing it on the board and they will check. We aren't here to make things worse for people.

manicbmc Thu 24-Jan-13 11:37:13

People who will post a thread about their child and then when they don't get the responses they want, will drop in that the child has SN, which should have been mentioned in the OP.

WorraLiberty Thu 24-Jan-13 11:37:58

Bupcakes That's exactly how I read it grin

I also find myself (in my mind) instantly saying, "No, fuck off".

BupcakesAndCunting Thu 24-Jan-13 11:38:21

It also riles me up when people come on and go "T-rexing and Sharon NOT FUNNY" "pombears NOT FUNNY"

Yeah and? What of it? Some people find it funny. You don't. <shrug>

Hullygully Thu 24-Jan-13 11:38:44

I have noticed a new trend which bemuses me.

Op: I invited my friend to come on a free luxury weekend on my private jet all expenses paid as a lovely treat because I love her so much and we are best friends, and she didn't bother answering and hasn't turned up. AIBU to be a bit hurt?

Answers: Maybe she had anxiety issues
Maybe her cat died
Maybe her fingernails hurt
Maybe she ran out of teabags
Get over yourself bitch

WTF IS THAT ABOUT????

LadyBeagleEyes Thu 24-Jan-13 11:38:48

I don't agree with the Mumsnet Royalty or waving thing Fuzzy, some have been chatting for years, and some have met in RL.
I do agree with the year 7 thing though.
I live in Scotland and still don't have the hang of what age they are, our education system is different.
Just say my ds/dd is whatever age, I CBA trying to work it out.

TroublesomeEx Thu 24-Jan-13 11:39:30

Any post that starts with

"So what you're saying is..."

and then goes on to twist out of all recognition a few words someone else has said that they've taken out of all context and to which the only reply can be

"No of course that's not what I am/they are saying. Idiot"

TheAccidentalExhibitionist Thu 24-Jan-13 11:40:08

Posters who are wound up about other people's lives when it's nothing to do with them and has no impact on them.
I See that all the time, these posters often use extreme language like 'incensed' and 'furious'.
I don't understand why they are wound up in the first place.

RandallPinkFloyd Thu 24-Jan-13 11:40:19

People who think agreeing with someone is "arselicking" and disagreeing with someone means you hate their very soul.

TuftyFinch Thu 24-Jan-13 11:40:34

WORRA I like it when people bold TUFTY because it's easier to count how many Tuftys there are when I'm doing my spreadsheet.

WorraLiberty Thu 24-Jan-13 11:40:50

manic yes

Or someone saying they can't do something because they're pregnant and when people say they're being a bit precious, they'll announce they have SPD.

thegreylady Thu 24-Jan-13 11:41:15

Oh and if a distressed OP suddenly sees posts accusing her of lying she isn't going to come back is she? Why let strangers add to the misery of a situation. You have asked for help and received abuse-why come back for more?

Hullygully Thu 24-Jan-13 11:41:21

I love you all the people on here that are my friends

<waves to friends>

manicbmc Thu 24-Jan-13 11:42:07

Posters who don't immediately tell me how wonderful I am and how brilliant my comments are, and generally don't bow at my very feet in deference to my superiority. grin

This thread is not accepting new messages.