To think that after 15 years (Yes that's half way to a second decade together) dh could let this one little moment of madness on my part go?

(34 Posts)

So 15 years ago as newly weds, very affectionate and loving etc etc we were staying with dh's parents for Christmas.
When getting ready to leave for the train home he asked me where the tickets were so he could see where our seats were reserved. We were standing in the hall of his parent's house with his mum and siblings all there too.

I replied - 'I don't know, you're the reservations rabbit' Meaning the cute and cuddly peson responsible for those particular tickets obviously <<cringe x 100>>

I think his brother may actually have been sick. 15 years later and dh is still bringing this up. Mentioned it today in fact.

AIBU to think he should let this one moment go now? Or am I just lucky he didn't request an immediate divorce? grin

Ithaka I was thinking warm thoughts towards you till I got to the end of that post!

Molehill - I seem to recall (it is a VERY long time ago) that I said it very brightly and with a cheery smile on my face.

Is it any mitigation that I was pregnant at the time?

cheesesarnie Sun 20-Jan-13 19:43:47

you need help op.

<want to say resevation rabbit in a rl conversation for some odd reason>.

cheesesarnie Sun 20-Jan-13 19:44:51

if you were pregnant its ok. hormones etc. so long as you didnt name your baby baby badger

MolehillAlchemy Sun 20-Jan-13 19:48:29

Hmmm, maybe instead of a counsellor, you need someone with more a medical background. You could go see your Doc and ask him what's up?

That's a cheap shot Molehill.
There's a whole warren of possibilities open to you and you had to burrow around and come up with that one!

TheDoctrineOfSnatch Sun 20-Jan-13 19:57:15

Ah, you were pregnant? You were a Child-carrying Chihuahua?

JustFabulous Sun 20-Jan-13 19:58:08

I am shock this is your thread NL.

Was your BIL sick because he thinks you have several rabbits? Reservation rabbit, rampant rabbit.....

MolehillAlchemy Sun 20-Jan-13 20:00:20

I don't know why it Bugs you so much...

Allaquandry Sun 20-Jan-13 20:08:27

Is DH called Roger?

He was clearly framed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now