Foxes

(265 Posts)
LatteLady Sat 19-Jan-13 23:08:30

Just before I went out to supper tonight, found my next door neighbour in tears coming up her front path... her cat had been savaged by foxes. From the sounds of it, Ralph a sleek cream cat with a ginger tinge will need to be put down as the fox has ripped open his under belly.

This is the third incident in our area over the last week, another lady was walking her dog and had to get between the fox and her dog and then got attacked too.

Am I unreasonable to think that there should be a method of culling this urban menace?

AgentZigzag Sat 19-Jan-13 23:22:03

I like the way your expressive exploration of the English language has shaped the form of your post Narked.

Tweasels Sat 19-Jan-13 23:22:33

"Ralph a sleek cream cat with a ginger tinge"

Relevant?

But YY to culling Peter Andre

Alisvolatpropiis Sat 19-Jan-13 23:22:43

YABU.
biscuit
We have built our homes on their habitats. Tough tit if it hunts your cat/bins.

Britain goes mad when we hear about a man killing tiger being shot in India because they're endangered and man has built on their habitats. Same argument applies to foxes (maybe not endangered yet).

That's animals for you.

Where I live I'm more concerned about the dodgy kebab shop down the road than foxes re my cats.

StickEmUp Sat 19-Jan-13 23:23:10

Agent everyone I know in RL loves him, I've hated him since Mysterious girl and honestly I feel so alone in my hatred.

He even opened a shop in my home town JUST TO PISS ME OFF

Oh, and DH saw him get out of a ferarri in a petrol station, revving it.
Attention Seeking TWAT

I#d love to meet him just to tell him he's a poo.

In the upside, despite his Short fingers he's not so short and dumpy in RL.

<Goes to call my Therapist>

AgentZigzag Sat 19-Jan-13 23:23:57

I'd like to see a fox try and take on our DCat2, she'd fucking have 'em.

usualsuspect Sat 19-Jan-13 23:24:16

I don't believe you,because no one would call a cat Ralph.

StickEmUp Sat 19-Jan-13 23:25:43

Seriously though every time someone says Peter Andre a fairy in Neverland dies.
Dont.

grin

WorraLiberty Sat 19-Jan-13 23:25:55

I read that as Ralph was sleek with a ginger minge confused

Narked Sat 19-Jan-13 23:26:01

I love MN.

So we need to start lurking near the bins with humane traps and bottles of St Tropez? I may have gotten confused.

LineRunner Sat 19-Jan-13 23:26:31

Is it pronounced Rafe, though?

AgentZigzag Sat 19-Jan-13 23:26:54

You've been wronged StickEmUp, wronged!

He's harassing you.

And to be surrounded by such people must be difficult, you poor thing sad

Bluestocking Sat 19-Jan-13 23:27:19

Does a fairy die if you type Peter Andre or only if you say it out loud?
What happens if you say it five times - is it like Candyman?

LineRunner Sat 19-Jan-13 23:27:27

Peter Andre really loves his fox cubs.

StickEmUp Sat 19-Jan-13 23:28:52

Agent I know, He's from halfway across the world and I'm his biggest hater and he came to my town.
<outs self>

I'm just glad I've not bumped into him.

AgentZigzag Sat 19-Jan-13 23:29:27

I shared a photo yesterday on fb that said 'Every time you share this, a Justin Bieber fan dies'.

It's true isn't it?

Or I wasted my fucking time otherwise.

StickEmUp Sat 19-Jan-13 23:29:40

Blue I think I killed a couple.

If you THINK his FACE one dies.

Best avoid, from now on.

neveronamonday Sat 19-Jan-13 23:30:46

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

StickEmUp Sat 19-Jan-13 23:30:46

What was it off? JB's only face pube up close?

Bluestocking Sat 19-Jan-13 23:32:13

Oh dear, StickEmUp, I just went and googled the DM link about P*t*r A*d*e's coffee shop in Brighton - I can hear the fairies falling out of the sky like the rain of toads in Magnolia. sad

Alisvolatpropiis Sat 19-Jan-13 23:33:02

Can I just join in to say I too hate PA? I thought I was alone!

the foxes in my back garden are vicious, have went for me, DH, and my dog. (and my other dog who has since passed on).

there's a man 2 streets away from me who's turned his back garden into a sort of sanctuary for stray cats- he's done his shed up with warm blankets, water & food bowls, cat beds, scratching posts, all sorts, for years all the strays hung about there, a few even had their litters there. two years ago the foxes from his street mauled almost all of them sad . (when i was a teenager, i found the dog fox from his street, the vixen & their litter at the time surrounding & attacking my mums cat, and when i saved her they went for me at first until i frightened them away.) however, last year the man had an abandoned fox cub (poor thing got pts in the end) and he had another cub which sort of adopted him, went to the shops with him following him to heel like a dog etc.

the ones from my mums street (inbetween mine & the man's) used to chap my mums door for her cat to come out to play (seriously) so i don't think you can say either way whether they're dangerous or not. i certainly don't think they should be culled, that's horrible.

AgentZigzag Sat 19-Jan-13 23:34:37

The piccy is of a grumpy old cat (cat's words, not mine) SEU, so that'd tie in nicely with the imagined poor cat who was mauled by the foxes.

Do I get extra points for sharing it with MN?

LilQueenie Sat 19-Jan-13 23:34:47

yabu animals have as much right to be here as we do. Would you cull cats if one ate a mouse?

StickEmUp Sat 19-Jan-13 23:35:08

blue that made me laugh OUT loud for real.

Ive never seen him round here. I await the Sighting <growls>

I thought when he split up from KP he'd fuck off out of sussex.

No Such cunty Luck

StickEmUp Sat 19-Jan-13 23:36:04

Poor Cat!

He's not grumpy, he's seen a fairy die from all this JB and PA mentioning.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now