To say I love you all?

(28 Posts)
MsAkimbo Thu 10-Jan-13 22:08:22

Just that really...

I came across this site through a featured blog won't say which one because it's actually horrible while I was pregnant. I am generally sceptical of parenting websites, but MN has given me countless hours of laughter and gossippy entertainment through terrible morning sickness, PND, and long nights trying to put a newborn to sleep.

I'm not British, although I have visited and loved it there, so it is unlikely I will ever meet any of you IRL. However, your witty humour, sage advice and brutal-honesty-mixed-with-genuine-comraderie with each other are things I admire in people, and now more recently, mothers.

I know this is terribly unMumsnetty, but I want to thank you all for reminding me that being a mother means having to laugh-otherwise you'll cry.

thanks

JaneFonda Thu 10-Jan-13 22:09:04

thanks

Cherriesarelovely Thu 10-Jan-13 22:10:56

That's so lovely. I know exactly what you mean, there are some wonderful people here giving great advice but also so many laughs!

Greensleeves Thu 10-Jan-13 22:11:03

Aw, l love you too

but you spelt camaraderie wrong grin

MsAkimbo Thu 10-Jan-13 22:14:07

shock Oh no! So I did. Guess I failed initiation?

GetOrf Thu 10-Jan-13 22:17:04

I agree. I have been on here years, was thinking the other day how I was speaking to some people when my dd was in year 7 (age 11), and still speak to the same people and now she is 17. There are soem wonderful people on here.

Lovely post, OP.

Geekster Thu 10-Jan-13 22:28:16

What a nice post, I only stumbled on mumsnet by accident but wish I'd discovered it before I had my DD when I was having my miscarriages as people are so supportive and I could have done with it at the time. Oddly yesterday while at the children's centre with my DD I saw a poster for mumsnet, never noticed it before. It has made me laugh and cry, and given me lots of useful advice.

MsAkimbo Thu 10-Jan-13 22:44:29

Geekster I know what you mean about needing support. And thank you to all, I was afraid this thread would be mercilessly mockedblush

WaynettaSlobsLover Thu 10-Jan-13 22:45:32

Love you too OP. dear old mumsnet

Don't say "put a newborn to sleep" say "get a newborn to sleep" - I'm not being a Pedant of the First Order for once it's just, well, "one of those weird English things" and honestly, get to sleep is so much better/nicer/colloquialler wink
<sidles out quietly> blush

NewYearNewNagoo Thu 10-Jan-13 22:55:47

Hello smile

Why would you be mocked? We all love it here too smile

It's a marvellous place smile

PickledInAPearTree Thu 10-Jan-13 22:56:38

What a lovely post.

I was in bed yesterday feeling very sorry for myself and sick, and without Mumsnet I would have been unable to spend the day imagining which creature from Middle Earth I would most like to shag.

YANBU.

ShiftyFades Thu 10-Jan-13 23:02:59

grin Love you too. I feel the same. I found I wasn't alone while throwing up, I wasn't the only sufferer of SPD.
I had a traumatic time when giving birth, others were far worse.
My PND was very bad but I found comfort from people who'd been there.
Nappy rash is normal, I'm not a bad mummy.

Most importantly, I know I don't have to suck my DH's balls just because AF has arrived wink

I bloody love MN grin

PickledInAPearTree Thu 10-Jan-13 23:04:58

Was that you on the Ball Sucking Thread? That was a great thread.

I remember putting faces on them and knitting them small hats. Ah!

ShiftyFades Thu 10-Jan-13 23:06:33

Oh yes, that was mine. DH laughed their little hats off wink

MsAkimbo Thu 10-Jan-13 23:53:13

Haha! Fair point. Apologies.

MsAkimbo Thu 10-Jan-13 23:54:23

PomBear fair point

Aww that's nice grin

I have been here for 7.5 years and I bloody love you all too!

shine0ncrazydiamond Fri 11-Jan-13 00:13:55

Poor OP.

Says she isn't British, posts a nice message and is leapt on < sorry, mildly leant on > about her spelling and turn of phrase.

Only on here eh? smile

Greensleeves Fri 11-Jan-13 09:06:22

It was a JOKE based on the OP's reference to "brutal honesty" etc

sorry, I thought that was blindingly obvious

Flobbadobs Fri 11-Jan-13 10:15:54

After reading a couple of very nasty threads and bunfights on here recently it's good to read a nice one!
thanks OP

EldritchCleavage Fri 11-Jan-13 10:16:25

It was, Greensleeves.

pigletmania Fri 11-Jan-13 11:34:05

Awww thats nice op, most f us are just reall ordinary people smile

everlong Fri 11-Jan-13 11:38:26

I can't spell camaraderie either without spell check.

Fret not OP wink

PickledInAPearTree Fri 11-Jan-13 11:40:13

Is it a cheese? grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now