To think anyone who votes Tory is not that bright

(127 Posts)
rubberglove Wed 09-Jan-13 21:25:49

Even if it is not a matter of wrong and right, surely anyone with half a brain cell can see that supporting an under class that you created in the first place, is essential for stability.

rubberglove Wed 09-Jan-13 21:57:34

nocake you're right, yawn...

Just that I have just watched Iron Lady and can't believe Cameron and co want to screw the under class their party created.

Nancy66 Wed 09-Jan-13 22:03:10

nobody did more to fuel the underclass than the last Labour government.

veryworried29 Wed 09-Jan-13 22:04:38

No, I think a lot of very bright people vote Conservative. They just don't give a shit.

cinnamonnut Wed 09-Jan-13 22:07:23

Am normally very chilled about politics but certain threads and articles recently have irritated me. Healthy people should taking responsibility for themselves for god's sake - then we'd have plenty of money left to help those who struggle with disabilities and so on.

all the screaming about eugenics when someone dares to suggest that someone with no money would be irresponsible to have 5 children or whatever drives me mad

CloudsAndTrees Wed 09-Jan-13 22:09:12

Out of the meagre choices of political parties we have to choose from, the vast majority will vote for the party that they think will serve their own interests best.

Nothing new there then.

Your right. Everything is the Tories fault. Every other party has the secret of Nirvana.

Or maybe people just think differently to you.

You are very boring.

RVPisnomore Wed 09-Jan-13 22:09:39

YABU. HTH.

EnjoyResponsibly Wed 09-Jan-13 22:12:05

So because of the way a person votes they may casually be called/accused of being:

-not very bright
-turkeys
-not giving a shit

I don't give a shiny shit who you vote for. It is your right to vote for whomever you chose. We live in a democracy and I assume if you're voting you've considered why.

I may disagree with your decision, but I wouldn't throw abuse at you for that choice.

Can I ask that you extend that curtesy too?

RedToothbrush Wed 09-Jan-13 22:14:09

Anyone who makes sweeping generalisations about groups of people lacking a brain cell... well... lacks a brain cell. grin

HTH

LyingWitchInTheWardrobe Wed 09-Jan-13 22:14:16

Oh... do you think you're bright then, OP? 'Boring' has already been covered.

usualsuspect Wed 09-Jan-13 22:17:30

The more threads slagging off the Tories the better I say.

Can't say I disagree there usual grin

But on a serious note OP, I would assume that anyone that votes differently to me has had a different life experience to me. I would also suggest in my opinion their life experience is not truly representative of the UK. But that would be my opinion, and wouldn't make them stupid.
If they believe that all single mums on benefits have ipads the new 50" plasma telly, dontcha know then they are very lucky to have not witnessed other peoples poverty to the extent that I have.

rubberglove Wed 09-Jan-13 22:24:13

Ian Duncan Smith thinks 70 pounds job seeker allowance is too much.

After claiming for a 39 pounds breakfast in exspenses at tax payers exspense.

They are selfish, power-hungry nobs. Whether I am boring or not.

bp300 Wed 09-Jan-13 22:26:40

ConstantCraving Wed 09-Jan-13 21:44:34
Here here! No of course YANBU. As for all that 'labour left us bankrupt' crap -did you miss the fact that there was a GLOBAL recession. Didn't realise labour were so powerful that they could trigger that.
No I didn't miss anything. Labour created a massive property boom by keeping interest rates too low, running a large defecit before long before the recession. These are the main reasons for the problems we face today. They also changed the law which allowed banks to keep loans off their balance sheets which is the reason they went bust. It was only a global recession because America and Europe were stupid enough to do the same thing. The recession wouldn't have been as bad if it wasn't for the above factors.

biscuit

rubberglove Wed 09-Jan-13 22:27:52

I am bright enough not to be hoodwinked by the Bullingdon boys.

Softlysoftly Wed 09-Jan-13 22:31:58

Simply 2 different economic approaches with a load of emotive stuff piled on top.

Yabu

threesocksmorgan Wed 09-Jan-13 22:32:21

yabu as no one could have really believed how shit the torries (and lib dems) would be/
so if you said
anyone who votes tory next time, is not bright......yanbu

RedToothbrush Wed 09-Jan-13 22:32:49

rubberglover, can you give us a manifesto for your plans for the country?

If you get enough support on MN you could stand for election.

Win, me over and I'll stick a fiver in for your deposit.

rubberglove Wed 09-Jan-13 22:34:21

Surely most voters vote emotively. What's wrong with I believe in equality and benefits for those unfortunate to be born into poor circumstances.

BettySuarez Wed 09-Jan-13 22:34:52

constantcraving you have just contradicted your own 'YADNBU' statement

The Tories inherited a shocking amount of debt from Labour and then there was a global recession caused by the banking crises.

No one is blaming Labour for the global recession - just the mind-boggling amount of debt that they left us with.

purits Wed 09-Jan-13 22:37:26

This breaks MN's No1 talk guideline: no personal attacks.

MorrisZapp Wed 09-Jan-13 22:38:28

Who should bright people vote for, and why?

rubberglove Wed 09-Jan-13 22:39:37

Just some compassion and empathy would do Redtoothnrush, instead of each for themselves.

Tory environmental policies disappointing too. It's all about the individual, greed and self-preservation.

It's not unreasonable to hold an opinion OP.
Even when it's wrong wink grin
Oh and define "not bright" - do mean having less than a specific IQ? or being not shiny, or non-reflective? or just not agreeing with you? or not sharing your political views? or not having specific qualifications? or not having reached a certain level of education?
You define "not bright" and I'll tell you whether I think you're unreasonable or not, and who knows, together we can change the world grin <dons armour and mounts white charger>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now