New shape of Dairy Milk

(217 Posts)
JollyToddles Mon 07-Jan-13 20:06:07

They have ruined Dairy Milk.

Bloody Kraft. I want the square shape back.

AIBU?

Iteotwawki Tue 08-Jan-13 23:11:21

The recipe for CDM in the UK is different from the CDM in NZ.

So it's obviously changed somewhere in the last 100 years!

UK: milk, sugar, cocoa butter, cocoa mass, vegetable fat, emulsifiers (e442, e476), flavourings.

NZ: Legal Description: Milk Chocolate

Ingredients: Full Cream Milk, Sugar, Cocoa Mass, Cocoa Butter, Milk Solids, Emulsifiers (Soya Lecithin, 476), Flavours. May contain traces of Nuts. Milk Chocolate contains Cocoa Solids 26%, Milk Solids 28%

What's the betting the vegetable fat in the uk bars is palm oil? Thinking of not boycotting it here to prove that the original shape & recipe sells. Or I could defect to Whittaker's altogether (nz choc manufacturer) who make solid bars of heaven. In foil smile

starfishmummy Tue 08-Jan-13 23:25:02

Buy bigger bars??

DH bought me a "roll" ofchocos a few weeks ago and the chocolate just didn't taste right

spudmurphy Tue 08-Jan-13 23:30:21

If you boycott Dairy Milk try the M & S milk chocolate with raspberries - tis delish, particularly with a cup of coffee to melt it in your mouth.
Anybody tried the Zero bar ( milk) by a company called Cote d'Or - tis amazin!!!

pumpkinsweetieMasPudding Tue 08-Jan-13 23:34:53

Talking of M & S spud, i remember a strawberry white chocolate pink bar they sold when i was a child, it was delish smile
I bought some Cadburys Caramel bars today, they were oddily shaped, the caramel was eeeuurrgh and the chocolate hmm well it might as well have been chocolate cheeseblush

AtoZandbackagain Wed 09-Jan-13 00:33:56

Stop buying it. Loss of sales should force a rethink.

Have posted a mini rant on the facebook page. I'm not buying it while it looks like turds and tastes like plastic turds.

I am buying Aldi's real chocolate in the meantime. Yum.

wriggletto Wed 09-Jan-13 09:33:33

The other thing that really annoys me about Dairy Milk 2.0 is the way Kraft/Cadburys are overbranding everything so it's Dairy Milk Caramel, and Dairy Milk Bubbly and Dairy Milk Dairy Milk - half the joy of chocolate used to be the variety on the shelf, and arguing the subtle differences of Spira vs Flake vs Twirl, etc

I am perfectly aware that Dairy Milk = Cadbury so any chocolate in a Cadburys bar will be Dairy Milk! Stop blanding out my chocolate!

I know I'm too involved here

spudmurphy Wed 09-Jan-13 15:45:01

Pumpkins the M&S choc with raspberries is quite a dark milk chocolate. Sublime smile

spudmurphy Wed 09-Jan-13 18:08:59

Purely for research purposes !!!grin
I purchased both the new rounded shape Dairy Milk bar and the traditional Dairy Milk bar - they had both in my local Poundland style store- not in U.K. Definitely the traditional one tastes a whole lot less cloying.

bureni Wed 09-Jan-13 19:35:34

I buy a brand called Fin Carre from Lidls @ only 99 pence for 200 grams, it is imo superior to the old recipe Irish made rectangular dairy milk bar which weighs the same but cost twice as much in lidls. Certainly worth a try for the sake of 99 pence.

spudmurphy Thu 10-Jan-13 19:13:33

Today, again purely for research purposes to test the majority view on this thread , I ate the 2 different shaped Dairy Milk bars ( just polished them off grin) i had purchased yesterday. I concur with the majority. smile

HazeltheMcWitch Thu 10-Jan-13 21:46:39

Nominates spud for the Nobel Prize for Chemistry. And maybe the one for Peace also.

tonkoch Sat 06-Apr-13 12:04:49

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/bring-back-square-shaped-cadbury-chocolate/

:D

tonkoch Sat 06-Apr-13 12:05:30
frazzledbutcalm Mon 08-Apr-13 10:00:13

Just signed. There's only 5 signatures!

adverti Thu 16-May-13 15:05:57

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/bring-back-square-shaped-cadbury-chocolate/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now