To be counting the seconds until school goes back on Monday

(37 Posts)
firemansamisnormansdad Thu 03-Jan-13 16:32:04

Argh. I've had enough. DD and DS are fighting the crap out of each other 3 nanoseconds after returning from the shops. I said to 14 yr old DD "you can have £100 to buy some new boots" as hers are falling apart and have holes in. In EVERY single shoe shop the boots are either too high or too low or too pointy or feel funny or don't feel quite right at the end or JUSTBUYSOmebloodyBOOTS FFS! So now we're back at home and the DCs are shouting and pulling hair and I'm sat upstairs raiding DS's xmas chocolate collection and REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO THEM GOING BACK TO SCHOOL ON MONDAY?

Am I being unreasonable?

GregBishopsBottomBitch Thu 03-Jan-13 18:16:16

I cant fricking wait til DD5 goes back to school, its like having elephants in the house.

MrsPnut Thu 03-Jan-13 18:18:48

I don't want DD2 to go back, we have a great time during the holidays but I can't wait for DD1 to go back to school because she's almost 16 and she gets on my wick just by breathing.

missmapp Thu 03-Jan-13 18:21:55

YABU, but I am a teacher so go back on Monday aswell. I am really enjoying this years few extra days after christmas, dh has gone back to work so the dcs and I can have some relaxing times before the chore of full time work staarts again. Howver, if I was at home during the day and the children were at school, I may be saying something different !!

Roll on half term !!

tunnocksteacake Thu 03-Jan-13 18:24:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

OverlyYappyAlways Thu 03-Jan-13 18:27:30

Mine go back the 7th, I think that is Tuesday, my days are so confused in a way that no other holiday can do his, my DC keep fighting, I am unwell as is one DC, other DC in running wild.

He needs his education again very soon. I wish I worked he would be with a child minder or after school club if that is open, anywhere tbh!

BlackholesAndRevelations Thu 03-Jan-13 18:28:59

Lots of you are SAHM by the looks of this thread, who can't wait til they go back to school so you can drink coffee on your arses have some time to yourself. I understand how bitter that sounds, because I am bitter! grin

I'm with missmap- teacher. If only I had some time to myself )and some time to enjoy my children in term time)

[Feeling sorry for myself emoticon]

Nuttyprofessor Thu 03-Jan-13 18:55:28

My DH and DS have been at home, I can't stand the whinging, tantrums, tv hogging, always wanting his own way. He is an irritating little boy.

On the other hand my DS is an angel.

HokeyCokeyPigInAPokey Thu 03-Jan-13 19:43:58

So where did you say you live....wink

firemansamisnormansdad Thu 03-Jan-13 20:55:17

Blackhole - I am a working mum too and I go back on Monday - which IS the 7th BTW Overly - why do u think I am so fed up that my holiday is spent thus? Moan moan. One in bed and the other packing for a sleepover so finally some peace smile

Our school doesn't go back till 14th, We are now getting bored, so I've arranged a day to for Dd (8) to play with friends at the park, so far there will be three of them.
All schedules seem to have changed here at once, gym classes changed today, Dh's work days off change next week and no school. I don't know if I'm coming or going.

2kidsintow Thu 03-Jan-13 23:52:47

I'm another teacher. I go back Monday, my DD1 will have the run of the house for the day as she's in secondary and DD2 will be at the childminders. They go back on Tues.

I love spending time with my DDs. We have had a mix of days in being lazy and a few days out.

I will be sad to go back as the whole week is much more stressful and busy when we are all in school. Every morning I wake up and have to think "Right, what do I need to do/remember (for me, for them, for work)" before I even get out of bed. And DD1 is self suffucient and doesn't need any help or prompting to be organised.

And I get to spend so much less time with them. Luckily I work 3 1/2 days a week, so have 2 days where I spend more time with them when I get them from school instead of the childminders at half 4/ 5pm.

Butkin Fri 04-Jan-13 00:02:01

DD back to school on Wednesday. She's been at the GPs for 2 nights and can't wait to have her home tomorrow. Off to pick up her new pony on Saturday so much excitement and hockey club starts up again on Sunday. She'll be glad to go back to school - loves both it and her pals there - and I'll probably be glad of the regular routine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now