To think that my friend is being a bit rude?

(134 Posts)
awaiting2013 Mon 31-Dec-12 10:24:02

A few weeks ago I invited my friend over for NYE. We both have young children and not much cash so I asked her if she wanted to come over, bring the kids (let them sleep if she wishes) and spend NYE or part of it with us. Bring a bottle, let's have a drink and I'll knock up some food. She told me that since she had no plans, sounded like a good one. A few days ago I sent her an email asking if she was still coming over etc. and she said yes.

Imagine my surprise yesterday when I saw on her FB page that she was asking around as to who was available on NYE and if anyone wanted to go out for a meal and drinks on the town with her and her DH?

So I'm sitting here on NYE, just me and DH and the kids. Not too bothered as TBH not fussed about NYE. We need to save hard. However I am feeling a bit angry because my no. 1 NY resolution is not to be so fucking nice (sorry!) to people who are crap to me and my family and to not let people get away with crap behaviour.

AIBU to be a bit pissed off that my friend has not even bothered to say she is not coming over because she has hedged her bets and got a better offer?

Findingmyself Tue 01-Jan-13 10:51:51

Oh no don't say that, Pictish! I've been looking forward to hearing the outcome as I am a nosey cow grin

pictish Tue 01-Jan-13 10:52:37

Well me too...but I don't think we're going to get closure on this one.

DonderandBlitzen Tue 01-Jan-13 11:08:05

What happened in the end OP?

stifnstav Tue 01-Jan-13 11:37:07

She's still working her way through her friend's photos of last night? Or hungover? Or both?

Southeastdweller Tue 01-Jan-13 11:56:57

I'm surprised so many of you said she should post a passive-aggressive remark on the friends Facebook wall. That's the kind of thing that causes some of the FB grief, isn't it?

I also want to know what happened but then I am a nosey fuck

<fidgets impatiently>

what happened? did you ring her? did she turn up? refuses to admit im a nosey cow too grin

ArseyDarcey Tue 01-Jan-13 13:50:20

Was hoping the OP would have updated by now! I hate not knowing how things turned out also not a nosey cow

manicbmc Tue 01-Jan-13 14:28:18

Hope OP had a nice evening.

OP, no offence, you don't sound like much of a softie. I don't think you sound mean or anything either, don't get me wrong, but all this talk about "I'm too nice", well, it's what any reasonable and bemused person would do in your situation- wonder how to handle it. By "assertiveness" people usually mean..... brashness or something. Why didn't you just call and cancel?

Or if you really wanted to be childish you could post on her facebook and write "oh thank goodness for this, I felt really bad as I was just going to cancel!" wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now