to go and knock on my neighbours door...

(72 Posts)
Spuddybean Sun 30-Dec-12 19:28:40

and ask if they are coming round?

Saw neighbours last week and arranged for them to come over tonight for drinks and food. They said they'd be here between 6-7 and they haven't turned up.

I have done really nice food and got in some cava. i am sitting here in a dress and have done my make up and i feel like such a loser.

DecAndAnt Sun 30-Dec-12 21:13:19

I reckon they are there now, wonder why they were so late though ?

Maryz Sun 30-Dec-12 21:17:59

She really needs to get her priorities right doesn't she? I mean, who does she think she is fecking off for her cava and nice meal, and leaving us all to stew?

<mutters>

bonzo77 Sun 30-Dec-12 21:23:11

Well?

ArfAPandaTreacle Sun 30-Dec-12 21:24:53

I bet they mixed the days up.

Or they're dead? Hopefully not though.

Perhaps they thought you were swingers?

Itsafreefuckingcuntry Sun 30-Dec-12 21:25:35

Maybe she's gone round to neighbours house with the cava in her hand and bottled them in the face? Maybe she's sitting in a cell as we speak?

(I need to stop watching Tarantino films)..

ArfAPandaTreacle Sun 30-Dec-12 21:27:59

If the neighbours are there and they're getting into their swinging, presumably she'll be too tied up to post on here and reasurre us?

No news is good news?

Sparklingbrook Sun 30-Dec-12 21:29:03

shock The update had better be good. grin

ArfAPandaTreacle Sun 30-Dec-12 21:29:57

Yes, but perhaps save us from the finer details.

Jemma1111 Sun 30-Dec-12 21:39:25

Maybe they've put the bottle to a different use than just drinking it and its got stuck , so on the way to hospital maybe ? grin

Maryz Sun 30-Dec-12 21:39:54

Tied up?

[arf]

ShipwreckedUnderTheTree Sun 30-Dec-12 21:45:05

It's not as though I haven't got anything better to do......

Itsafreefuckingcuntry Sun 30-Dec-12 21:46:16

Spuddy does Cava?

Delalakis Sun 30-Dec-12 22:35:51

Surely the party's over by now? What happened???????

Spuddybean Sun 30-Dec-12 22:56:26

Hello All. Sorry to keep you waiting...

Well DP went round and said 'would you like to come for a drink' (why he said that i don't know) and they were eating dinner confused and said 'yes, we'll be 5 min, just finishing dinner'. They looked a bit miffed at DP and didn't apologise. DP came home and told me and i said that's rude to eat dinner first etc.

Anyway, they arrived, didn't eat anything of course, and me and dp ate ours and were chatting. THEN in the conversation mrs neighbour said something about seeing us tomorrow and implied they would be over for dinner. I wasn't sure whether to be terribly english and cancel my new years plans so i could be polite and be here. BUT i said 'sorry, are you planning to come over tomo' and it emerged they thought the invite was for tomo and thought DP had basically summoned them over tonight at a moments notice and the plans were still on for tomo. It didn't occur to them the dates had been mixed up and today was Sunday.

Surely you would realise when DP turned up at your door and when they arrived and a buffet was laid out that we didn't want to see them 2 nights in a row and that isn't how we eat our dinner!

PenelopePisstop Sun 30-Dec-12 22:59:47

Sounds like a plot for a sitcom spuddy.

PenelopePisstop Sun 30-Dec-12 23:00:26

Are they called Terry and June? Or Margot and Jerry?

trapclap Sun 30-Dec-12 23:02:47

shock

oh dear, that is quite awkward--they thought you invited them for new year!! so now will be new-year-planless?

FlibberdeGibbet Sun 30-Dec-12 23:07:21

Looking for the other thread.....my neighbours invited us round for NYE, then they cancelled at the last minute.

BluelightsAndSirens Sun 30-Dec-12 23:07:31

So are they coming over again tomorrow?

Did you eat all of the food tonight?

FlibberdeGibbet Sun 30-Dec-12 23:09:26

We have been in a similar situation - moved house and invited our neighbours round for a drink at 5ish on Saturday - thought we could have a quick drinky then dinner. They never showed, so we eventually had our dinner at about 9, and lo and behold, they turned up then! All very bizarre! we've never had an invite back!

Spuddybean Sun 30-Dec-12 23:11:07

Yes, all very awkward! I seriously considered changing our plans just to stop the pain. But they just carried on talking about seeing us tomo like the thought of them getting it wrong never crossed their minds.

I said we invited you for sunday and they said 'is that not nye then?' ummm no. blush

HollaAtMeSanta Sun 30-Dec-12 23:13:38

I think I'll make a new year's resolution to lay out a full buffet for my dinner every night. I like the sound of that grin

apostropheuse Sun 30-Dec-12 23:17:51

I almost feel sorry for them - they must feel like right numpties grin

MrsMaggot Sun 30-Dec-12 23:19:40

I like hollas idea, buffets are the way forward!

Spuddybean Sun 30-Dec-12 23:23:18

but the sight of the buffet didn't make them click. i mean, who lays out posh crisps, nuts, homemade (note that - no iceland baileys pudding stuff here) sausage rolls and sweet potato wedges, 4 different cheeses, salads, fruit, dips etc for their dinner then marches round their neighbours house and 'invite' them in a rude we've been expecting you way?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now