To underline BERKS ( in red) on the envelope on in-laws christmas card?

(38 Posts)
endofanera Thu 13-Dec-12 22:29:02

DH family are really narcissistic. They are obsessed with money and status. They have given me such a hard time for choosing to look after dd full time ( dd has a disability and has been in and out of hospital for over a year). They have given us no support, only judgement - must be my bad gene's apparently :0
DH grandma died a while ago and i was duped into not attening the funeral, along with dd. DH is sort of aware of what is going on, i dont want to talk about it too much with him, as it causes row's and we are under enough stress with dd's health problems.

Anyway, just recieved christmas card that was clearly just for dh, then another one just for dd. I have been dignified in all of their nonsense, but not any more!! Game on!

whatda think?

pigletmania Fri 14-Dec-12 10:08:42

I would pilfer the voucher and spend it on myself grin, silly bint

WinterWinds Fri 14-Dec-12 09:55:05

If it doesn't have either of your names on it then i dont see how you came to the conclusion that it was only meant for DH!

Sil sent a card one year addressed to DH and Dc's, my name was completely left off.....now that was an obvious snub!!!

I think you are reading too much into it TBH, but am also interested to know about the funeral thing.

samandi Fri 14-Dec-12 08:55:08

It may sound like im being oversenstive

Tbh you sound like a bit of a loon. Plenty of people write cards without names in. Take a deep breath and try to chill out a bit.

samandi Fri 14-Dec-12 08:53:11

If it didn't say who it was to (and could well have been to both of you) it seems you're just looking for something to upset you.

CuriousMama Fri 14-Dec-12 03:26:54

I'm wondering how you were duped into not attending the funeral? Surely your dh would know when it was?

Arion Fri 14-Dec-12 03:02:33

Pity they don't live in S cunt horpe! wink

dinnersinthedawg Fri 14-Dec-12 02:54:15

I really don't understand why you think the card is just for DH? confused I doubt the Berks thing will be noticed and is a bit pathetic IMO so I wouldn't do it but hey if it makes you feel better...

EnjoyResponsibly Fri 14-Dec-12 00:00:46

I think the aunties card doesn't sound like a slight, since its not addressed to anyone.

Spend the voucher on some new knickers so DHs in laws can kiss your arse so to speak grin

endofanera Thu 13-Dec-12 23:56:58

Would make me cringe to. I live where the abbreviation is Whit. Dont mind that so much. I must admit to never really seeing the "Berks" side of it, in the capacity that i mean it to be, in this particular situation. Only struck me out of anger.
TTFN, LOL, IYSWIM [cringe] - no smiley for that sad
Thankyou for clearing the Berks/barks debacle for me.

exoticfruits Thu 13-Dec-12 23:50:43

It took me a while to get it so I'm sure it is a waste of time for PIL - especially when it is always pronounced Barks.

LAlady Thu 13-Dec-12 23:46:26

It's Berkshire. Abbreviated to Berks (although I hate abbreviations but that's just a pet hate of mine). But I don't know anyone who pronounces it Berks (around me, that is). I actually find a Berks pronunciation makes me cringe.

IneedAgoldenNickname Thu 13-Dec-12 23:43:38

Spelt Berks. But pronounced barks :-)

endofanera Thu 13-Dec-12 23:35:22

LAlady how is it spelt on envelopes? Berks or Barks? Not lived there, but always spelt it Berks when shortening on envelopes. ( apologies if thats wrong!) and, thankyou for clearing up. Although, that said, im still going to continue with my mistake one more time, just for my immature, i dont give a crap what you think of me and dont mess with the mamma christmas card. ( totally pathetic, i know smile)

LAlady Thu 13-Dec-12 23:27:32

Lived in Berkshire most of my life. Always pronounced Barks with everyone I know. Although DD did come home from school and said Berks. I corrected her grin

endofanera Thu 13-Dec-12 23:19:03

Owww do i come across as a mature adult shock really, im not smile
But, your absolutly right re other isssssuuuueeess in my marragenwink
Loving the smileys tonight!

scottishmummy Thu 13-Dec-12 23:14:38

I think as mature adult ignore provocation
there are other issues in your marriage that need discussed

endofanera Thu 13-Dec-12 23:14:00

Already spent IceNoSlice grin
As with all narcissits, its subtle. But, the one to DD says Dear Blah. Love Blah and Blah. The one to DH says, with lots and lots of Love Aunty Blah and Uncle Blah xxxxx. No dear or to, or names. ( the last few have had names) It may sound like im being oversenstive, but really, i know them.

TeamBacon Thu 13-Dec-12 23:11:26

Nah, one end says Berkshire, one end days barkshire.

When its just berks you pronounce it as berks smile

ivykaty44 Thu 13-Dec-12 23:08:58

thats the r in shire....

ivykaty44 Thu 13-Dec-12 23:08:38

Berkshire makes I would change the r for a t and underline the Berk in red wink

IceNoSlice Thu 13-Dec-12 23:06:41

What did the card to DH say? Tell us, so we can see why you think it's only for him. and you should spend the M&S voucher

Solopower1 Thu 13-Dec-12 23:06:06

Or .. don't. Leave it. Drop it. Now.

tethersjinglebellend Thu 13-Dec-12 23:04:55

The word 'Berk' is rhyming slang for cunt (Berkeley Hunt).

Go for it grin

endofanera Thu 13-Dec-12 23:02:44

MAY grin

endofanera Thu 13-Dec-12 23:01:06

well, i make just make a spelling mistake then! Berks it is. thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now