To think I wasn't in the wrong here?!

(179 Posts)
PenguinBear Tue 11-Dec-12 18:49:40

We sometimes have the little children over the road to play while their mum does the shopping/ has a rest etc. I know she is using me as free child care as DP loves to remind me but my dc love her children so I don't mind having them. This has been going on a couple of years now but they are no bother so it's all good. Their father works from home but I usually only see their mum.

She is currently pregnant and wanted to go with her DH to buy some baby stuff at the weekend so asked if we could have the children for the day. 

I foolishly said yes and we had them for about 8 hours (much longer than expected). I tried to ring but they were 'stuck' in London. hmm
We ended up all going out for dinner in the evening so took them with us, dropped them home, all was well so I thought.

One of them left some bits at our house so I have just dropped them over and her DH answered the door and proceeded to tell me off for letting his children have ice-cream.  I felt like saying well come back when you said you would. They never told me not to let them have ice-cream and it was only a small child's portion after their pizza dinner at a local Italian. 
AIBU to be annoyed? I did them a favour imo and feel like I won't bother next time which is a shame as the children are lovely

Sorry for the long post, thanks if you got to the end!

DontmindifIdo Thu 13-Dec-12 16:37:00

I have just been given some second hand maternity combat trousers (yes, really), here was I thinking I'd not have much use for them, and now I get to be in the hit squad!

I'm happy to go tell cheeky buggers to cut it out and start being grateful.

expatinscotland Thu 13-Dec-12 17:44:24

I'm going to start a business for people who 'don't like confrontation'. I'll do the confronting for them.

SDTGisAChristmassyWolefGenius Thu 13-Dec-12 18:00:22

That's the Hit Squad, expat.

Our motto - We bollock them for you - wholesale!

Viviennemary Thu 13-Dec-12 18:11:34

What a nerve unless her children were diabetic or something and you would have known this anyway. I wouldn't do her any more favours. Ungrateful well won't say it by you know what I mean.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now