To love my DH more after 22 years married and nearly 25 together than I could have imagined possible

(55 Posts)
marriedinwhite Thu 06-Dec-12 22:10:53

At this grumpy pre-Xmas, grumpy about families time of year, just a little note to say it can be worth it. We have survived the hard years with a big mortgage and tiny children and having to take stock of what we both expected from life. We have survived bereavements of parents and a son. We have forged our lives, our careers, our mutual and independent friends, and our home and have reasonably normal teenagers.

After almost 25 years together I love my DH, warts an' all, more than I did when we met. Just thought I would say and explain that there are ups and downs and good times and bad, but having stuck it out and worked together, I wouldn't have believed how much I could love him and how much more I love him than 20 or more years ago.

There you go then, nice thread.

HollyDayzacummin Sun 09-Dec-12 14:25:23

I got it the wrong way round blush. Together 25 years, coming up to 22 married! Doh! We've fought and argued at times and when we were young we were almost polar opposites in so many ways. Bit by bit we seem to have joined in the middle. It helps, too, that Sky telly now do multiroom. Otherwise his love of sport would have driven me to distraction! We've been together so long now I get confuzaled at it all!

Lizzylou Sun 09-Dec-12 14:30:29

Awww. lovely thread.
Been married to dh for 10yrs, together 16 yrs.
Hoping we still feel the same in 15 yrs. Have to say my side of the family haven't really provided any great examples of married bliss. I do feel very lucky.

BlackBagFestiveBorderBinLiner Sun 09-Dec-12 14:55:33

Known each other for 20 years, together 19, can't imagine life without hiim but am prepared to make a fresh start with Johnny Depp.

valiumredhead Sun 09-Dec-12 15:02:21

Yeah me too, been with dh 22 years.

InNeedOfBrandyButter Sun 09-Dec-12 15:06:10

Aww how lovely [heart warming emoticon]

Wish I could say the same, although being single is better then being a bastard no matter how many years you've stuck it out so far.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now