Horrific stories on Mail Online

(84 Posts)
hudjes Tue 04-Dec-12 21:23:28

i started reading Mail Online for showbiz and gossip when it first started, but now have noticed more and more often, stories they publish are now of child abuse and animal abuse. I have complained to the editors, but they do not respond. Today on MO there was a horrific story of a pedophile bringing a 15 month old baby he had abused, into hospital as she was dying. I was horrified at this, and why Mail Online would publish this, thinking we want to read stuff like this?.. I have written to 'Feedback' on MO to complain about the distressing articles they keep publishing, but they won't respond... What can I do? I suppose one option is to stop reading MO.

fromparistoberlin Wed 05-Dec-12 21:21:15

did they sensationalise it though

really?

they just reported it, yes in usual style

its like we demonise them, its a nasty story and there is no way to soften the blow

EverlongLovesHerChristmasRobin Wed 05-Dec-12 21:23:31

The photo's of him giving her mouth to mouth was horrific. I would say that was sensationalising it yes.

AfterEightMintyy Wed 05-Dec-12 21:25:57

Of course they sensationalised it! Who needs to see images of a dying child?

fromparistoberlin Wed 05-Dec-12 21:29:29

lets agree to disagree, I am no DM fan

but i suspect those images have been widely reported

and frankly nothing softens the blow, nothing

terrible

If you like C'leb gossip, try something like Cosmo instead.

EverlongLovesHerChristmasRobin Wed 05-Dec-12 21:32:46

I haven't those images anywhere else.

The most ridiculous headline I saw today was ' William wears cords to visit Kate ' fuck me sideways.

TwoFacedCows Wed 05-Dec-12 21:43:04

GhostShip talks sense as usual!

GhostShip Wed 05-Dec-12 21:44:16

twofacedcows and here was me thinking I only post 'smart arse replies' hmm wink

TwoFacedCows Wed 05-Dec-12 22:02:35

well obviously i like your 'smart arse' approach!! grin it makes a lot of sense!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now