To not want a minute by minute account of Kate's pregnancy and little sympathy for her.

(512 Posts)
babbas Mon 03-Dec-12 21:15:03

She's rich, she has all the support in the world and will have no cooking, cleaning, vocational work or responsibilities. I really really really do not want to have daily updates on her condition or her pregnancy for the next nine months! It's so typical of everything she stands for that they have already announced she will have to be on rest for the foreseeable future. As opposed to doing what exactly??!

My best friend had HG and lost a stone in 8 days. She went to hospital and was told to pull her herself together as most women had morning sickness. No time off work, no help whatsoever.

DesperatelySeekingSedatives Tue 04-Dec-12 06:57:48

YABU I feel really sorry for her! She must feel lousy and she's had to have her pregnancy announced to the world before she's even 12 weeks into it! I bet her and William would have prefered to wait another month at least before it was announced. Not to mention all the pressure Kate is under to deliver a 100% healthy baby into the world.

Thinking about it that way, I think your friend got quite a good deal! grin

kim147 Tue 04-Dec-12 07:02:42

FFS - the BBC are live outside the hospital and will bring any updates during the morning.

Leave her alone. Let her deal with the morning sickness and don't stalk her. She's not even 12 weeks yet and anything could happen.

Fakebook Tue 04-Dec-12 07:04:41

I think it's pretty shit you don't feel sympathy for someone just because they're rich. She's not famous by choice and selling news stories on herself. YABU.

Moln Tue 04-Dec-12 07:04:57

Was she really wolfing down roast beef and krispie cake last week? Can't imagine her wolfing down anything!

I heard the it on the 9 o'clock news last night and my first thought was 'hope she's far along.' I don't really have a stong opinion of her in the sense of who or what she is, but if something happened and she lost her baby, I cannot imagine how hideous it would be to have such lack of privacy while you went through that. Bad enough without it.

On the media coverage every minute, everyday, you and I can avoid it (and you can) she can't. Feeling empathy for a woman from another woman, i don't think she can avoid it.

She seems quite nice, privalges or no privalges, wouldn't it be difficult to be a right rotter and not appear it with the level of media coverage on her?

DesperatelySeekingSedatives Tue 04-Dec-12 07:10:11

Agree with kim147 they need to leave her alone. I had to go to hospital with severe pain at around 9 weeks into my first pregnancy and was terrified at the time it meant I'd lose my baby. I didn't but it still had the fear. Can't imagine how much harder it all must be if you have the entire western world holding their breath, waiting for an update on these things while hanging around outside the hospital!

EverlongLovesHerChristmasRobin Tue 04-Dec-12 07:10:25

If I am not interested in something, can't stand it, loathe it I wouldn't waste my time by starting a thread about it.

That's weird.

Only4theOlympics Tue 04-Dec-12 07:11:31

I have sympathy for anyone with HG. Rich or poor you can still get sick.

amandine07 Tue 04-Dec-12 07:15:40

I think the media should back away a bit & leave them in peace- I'm no big fan of the royal family. She is in the early stages and they should pull back from the acres of press coverage about names, dates & locations where the baby was conceived etc.

Being in the royal family doesn't guarantee a healthy or successful pregnancy.

amandine07 Tue 04-Dec-12 07:18:31

Also saw all the photographers lined up outside the hospital, waiting for what exactly, it's not as if she's going to emerge with a baby, well not for another several months, hopefully. Going to be a looong wait for them!

Pooka Tue 04-Dec-12 07:21:05

I know three people who were hospitalised due to Hyperemesis.

A friend from school had it with both pregnancies, as did a post-natal group friend. The school friend was hospitalised in both pregnancies. Sick right up until day dcs were born.

SoupDragon Tue 04-Dec-12 07:22:38

Funny how any nice story about the royals brings out the bitchiness and plain nastiness in people.

EverlongLovesHerChristmasRobin Tue 04-Dec-12 07:23:54

soup I'm guessing those people are always nasty. wink

laptopdancer Tue 04-Dec-12 07:25:04

Oh dear, is it "the wrong thing" to not think that much of the royal family now that one of them is pregnant?
quickly goes to grab union jack flag and wave it vigorously

I agree 100% with what karmabeliever said...well put.

Moln Tue 04-Dec-12 07:35:53

Nothing to do with union jack waving you big numpty, laptop dancer.

In fact if you read carefully most (of the sympathetic) people are saying she shouldn't get as much media attention, very few have said this pregnacy is more important (may two have). Who is yo know that the woman in question thiinks she deserves more sympathy.

With what she's got she's most likely thinking no more than wishing it stop and her baby will be ok

laptopdancer Tue 04-Dec-12 07:38:29

Can I put the flag down now then? grin

laptopdancer Tue 04-Dec-12 07:39:48

On the other side of the coin...imagine the great pregnancy clothes that will be around now for the next few months. Shame I'm too old. The maternity clothes when I was og were awful sad

laptopdancer Tue 04-Dec-12 07:40:15

pg rather

SugaricePlumFairy Tue 04-Dec-12 07:40:54

Wow, some really nasty bitter comments from some on here shock regarding a woman who [from what I see anyway] seems very nice and unassuming!

She's pregnant and has the best medical care at her bedside to ensure her and her baby are well, is that any reason for the vitriol that's being spewed on here!

SoupDragon Tue 04-Dec-12 07:43:27

Oh dear, is it "the wrong thing" to not think that much of the royal family now that one of them is pregnant?

No, but it is the "wrong thing" to be quite as spiteful and nasty as a few posters have been. Indifference is fine.

Glittertwins Tue 04-Dec-12 07:49:32

Doesn't matter who you are, how much or little money you have, HG is awful. I wasn't posting here when I had it and I also personally know 2 people who were hospitalised for long periods of their pregnancy. That made 3 of us in one department at work so not unfeasibly for many ladies here to have suffered it.

HELPMyPooIsStuck Tue 04-Dec-12 07:53:41

I sympathise with anyone who has that condition.

SomersetONeil Tue 04-Dec-12 07:57:09

I've never had HG and I've never known anyone in real life to have it either.

But Mumsnet has 100s of 1000s of members.

Pretty much all women. Pretty much all mothers (i.e. been pregnant, and more than once in many instances).

Not THAT much of a surprise, surely, that the number of people who will have had it quite high, is it?! hmm

Morloth Tue 04-Dec-12 07:59:04

I don't think much of/about the royal family. If I had my way Australia would be a republic, quite happy to drop the lot of them.

But this woman has done nothing to deserve such nastiness. How mean to call her 'pointless' why does she have to have a 'point' more than anyone else?

It is just bizarre.

differentnameforthis Tue 04-Dec-12 08:25:20

You sound lovely!

EverlongLovesHerChristmasRobin Tue 04-Dec-12 08:36:11

Such ignorant sods on fb. Comparing normal sickness with HG.

Embarrassing themselves in all honesty.

Oh and not my friends. Friends of friends.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now