to want to shout at people in the q in front of me......

(122 Posts)
purpleraindance Thu 29-Nov-12 19:17:33

for not sorting out their purse/money/card when theyve been stood in the q for ages? why faff & act suprised that you have to pay for your damn shopping? oh & have you got your co-op card? oh yes, hang on a minute..... forgot where you are lovey?! i have better things to do than watch you faff..........

purpleraindance Thu 29-Nov-12 20:11:33

i dont huff & puff - im more ladylike than that hence posting on here rather than taking it out on others...... thats just rude.....where did i say i huff & puff??!!

ilovesooty Thu 29-Nov-12 20:14:10

Oh well, if you contain your feelings you're evidently even more likely to court serious health problems then. And I find it difficult to believe that the resentful vibes were completely unnoticeable...

sneezecakesmum Thu 29-Nov-12 20:14:31

You RBVU. How the hell can I pack my groceries and have my card/purse /money ready in my hand to pay???

Should I offer it from my frigging mouth? angry

Twat!

Dawndonna Thu 29-Nov-12 20:14:39

Perhaps some of the understanding you have asked for on other threads here, would be appropriate in this situation, Purple

Growlithe Thu 29-Nov-12 20:16:14

5 minutes choosing lunch? Who's dithering now? grin

EverlongLovesHerChristmasRobin Thu 29-Nov-12 20:16:20

Uh oh.

HumphreyCobbler Thu 29-Nov-12 20:16:30

a simple check of the location of purse would be enough.

HumphreyCobbler Thu 29-Nov-12 20:17:13

You can't be annoyed by anything anymore <mourns>

Having had someone attempt to snatch my purse from the shop conveyor belt, where i'd put it down to speed up packing because of some person huffing behind me in the queue, I thought sod it and will not be getting my purse out again when shopping until I've packed stuff.

Sparklingbrook Thu 29-Nov-12 20:18:59

Being annoyed is a pointless waste of energy really.

purpleraindance Thu 29-Nov-12 20:19:03

crikey, some of you have real potty mouths dont you??!! im entitled to my own opinion & where has this twat asked people to have their purses in their hands ready??!! just know where they are??!! must be so unreasonable not wanting to q for half hour cause you are disorganised lol

Sparklingbrook Thu 29-Nov-12 20:20:17

But purple why do you buy your lunch every day? Why don't you take a packed lunch?

purpleraindance Thu 29-Nov-12 20:21:23

just know where your purse/wallet is so you can simply get it out & not have to spend an age searching followed by spending an age looking for your loyality card. oh dear........

purpleraindance Thu 29-Nov-12 20:23:36

because i like shop bought sarnies - no time to make them am & my sarnies are always soggy if i make them the night before - up & out the house by 6am :-) tips on non soggy sarnies would be good.....

HumphreyCobbler Thu 29-Nov-12 20:23:43

waves to purpleraindance - I agree with you. Don't know where all the non annoyed people have come from tonight.

I expect none of them are ever annoyed by anything, ever

HumphreyCobbler Thu 29-Nov-12 20:24:51

I think Dawndonna's comment was unnecessary too.

MyComplicatedLife Thu 29-Nov-12 20:26:03

Not everyone is as quick off the mark as you. There may be all sorts of reasons for the person being slow.

Dawndonna Thu 29-Nov-12 20:28:11

Which one? The one about my autistic son being perfectly able bodied but in a quiet but complete and utter panic at a checkout?
FFS.

HumphreyCobbler Thu 29-Nov-12 20:28:13

but a simple awareness of whereabouts your money is located should be a given really, as a courtesy to those behind you in the queue.

purpleraindance Thu 29-Nov-12 20:28:15

yes, too much time on their hands...... :-)

harrietspy Thu 29-Nov-12 20:28:23

Really sorry it's got you so wound up, Purple. You asked for tip on non-soggy sarnies: don't take sarnies. Packet of oatcakes, some cut-up cheese. Or pitta bread and hummus in a pot.

HumphreyCobbler Thu 29-Nov-12 20:28:42

no, your trawl through the OP's posts and the dig about getting sympathy

HumphreyCobbler Thu 29-Nov-12 20:29:11

sorry, understanding

Sparklingbrook Thu 29-Nov-12 20:29:35

Looks like you are paying the price for a non soggy sandwich in more ways than just ££ then. sad Don't blame you for not wanting to make them in the morning if you are out for 6am though what time do you get home? sad

HumphreyCobbler Thu 29-Nov-12 20:29:57

I think it is down to politeness really. Do everything you can to speed things along for everybody else.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now