to think the window cleaner is rude...

(114 Posts)
BeRudeNotTo Thu 29-Nov-12 16:34:08

...because when he comes to do my windows he's always got his hands free up and running and has a full on telephone conversation whilst he is cleaning my windows.I was outside working away and i just felt it was really rude of him and i didn't like to hear him gnattering away about SFA in a thick cockney accent talking about boxing and rubbish like that whilst he was cleaning my windows.I think he can eff off next time i don't like him.

BrainSurgeon Thu 29-Nov-12 17:17:48

I would have been rather amused to hear about it all <nosey>

OP we think YABU. We must all be very weird indeed hmm

weegiemum Thu 29-Nov-12 17:18:51

£25!!!

I pay £6 every 3 weeks for a 5 bed house!

Rip off.

LaCiccolina Thu 29-Nov-12 17:19:46

Op commenting on his accent is rude. I don't care if he's cockney or Irish or brum! You open badly and lost my sympathy completely there.

Why should he not use his own phone? Did u engage him in conversation? Politely? He's out doors. Why should he be silent if he doesn't want to? Doesn't really harm the windows does it?

pictish Thu 29-Nov-12 17:22:38

God almighty - him talking or not talking on the phone has no bearing on how clean your windows end up!

Yabu.

KenLeeeeeee Thu 29-Nov-12 17:26:02

£25?? Either you live in a mansion or you're being ripped off. My window cleaner is £10 for a biggish detached house, and I don't have to talk to him.

mycatlikestwiglets Thu 29-Nov-12 17:29:08

shock I have discovered via this thread that I'm being massively ripped off by my window cleaner (£40 for a 4-bed semi, and he's crap). No wonder he's always stalking us to agree the next date.

Oh and OP, YABU grin

pictish Thu 29-Nov-12 17:30:15

My window cleaner is £5 for a three bedroomed semi detached!!

WileyRoadRunner Thu 29-Nov-12 17:50:09

Oh goodness OP you remind me of someone who rang the local council to complain that the bin men were "terribly rude for front line customer service staff"!

<YABU in case you hadn't figured that out>

SoleSource Thu 29-Nov-12 17:56:21

Yabu and prejudice.

AmazingBouncingFerretDude Thu 29-Nov-12 18:06:23

£25 for window cleaning? £40 for window cleaning?? shock

Do they spray your windows with liquid gold?

OP YABU

Icelollycraving Thu 29-Nov-12 18:12:41

Disappointed. I really hoped it was either a perve or that he'd made a derogatory comment about your soft furnishings. Yabu.

SoleSource Thu 29-Nov-12 18:13:53

Me too lolly

besmirchedandbewildered Thu 29-Nov-12 18:19:55

I pay £7 for (the front of) a 5-bed house in south London.

You are getting royally shafted.

He's probably on the phone to his mates bragging about how he's coining it in.

Also, what Icelollycraving said. Heaven forbid!

perplexedpirate Thu 29-Nov-12 18:23:34

£5 for a three bedroom house. I get chats and winks included in the price too.

Anyway, why am I even here? This thread is OH-VAH!

Ha at end of thread comment, as if mumsnet works like that!

Yabu
I dont give a shiny shit who anyone talks to as long as they do the job properly.

dawnpreview Thu 29-Nov-12 18:30:30

Where do you live OP? My DH is a window cleaner and doesn't have a cockney accent smile

LordOfThe5Rings Thu 29-Nov-12 18:33:20

£25? Wow, my parents get £5 that's for 3 bedroom windows, 2 living room windows, the dining room window and the kitchen window. grin

joanbyers Thu 29-Nov-12 19:06:44

cor blimey luva duck twenty five quid to clean some winders? i'll be round in five.

<gets out ukulele>

love a bit of George!

missymoomoomee Thu 29-Nov-12 19:16:44

I agree with the op, I have also banned the postman from speaking when he is on my property, and delivery men, and the neighbours if they pop over for anything. This is a no talking zone, especially if you have a <shudder> common accent.

<sneaks over to weird bench in the hope no one notices>

TheDoctrineOfSnatch Thu 29-Nov-12 19:16:45

You would think someone who washes windows with unicorn tears would be keeping pretty quiet though,

Convert Thu 29-Nov-12 19:50:02

Seems a little rude to declare the thread 'ended' because no one agrees with you doesn't it?

I suppose as you didn't do it in a common accent that makes it ok though grin

EverlongLovesHerChristmasRobin Thu 29-Nov-12 19:57:23

£25 shock for how many windows!

FlaminNoraImPregnantPanda Thu 29-Nov-12 20:00:41

Are you serious? confused

You don't want him to converse with anyone else but you while he's on your property. Even though you're only paying him to clean your windows, which he's doing. Or are you paying for his company too?

SavoyCabbage Thu 29-Nov-12 20:05:28

Perhaps his prices are sky high so he can save for execution lessons for himself and his cockney ruffian children.

I'm with you OP. Yesterday I slapped my postman round the chops with my white kid-leather gloves as he came to the main door, the main door, not the servants entrance, and asked me to sign for a parcel of toffee noses in a broad Australian accent.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now