to assume dp will have the (ahem) wet patch in the bed...?

(209 Posts)
lottie63 Wed 28-Nov-12 00:32:05

Just that really. He always expects ME to sleep in it. Sometimes I would just like him to say 'Don t worry. You have the dry half'..

imnotmymum Wed 28-Nov-12 12:47:44

Sometimes I still have all my underwear on !

I defiantly contribute to the wet patch Sally, not any any crucial moment but I do get very wet throughout.

MummyToBe2013 Wed 28-Nov-12 12:59:26

WTF why on earth do you have a wet patch? Have you not heard of toilet paper??

AlienRefluxLooksLikeSnow Wed 28-Nov-12 13:07:55

Yes, mummy but we cuddle and kiss a bit after and it just sort of... well you know

honeytea Wed 28-Nov-12 13:12:48

Wait...what? I thought any little sperms that were going to get up that far, got sent up in the first whoosh, as it were? I think they do if you have no sperm issues, they climb up the mucus in your vagina. But if you have any sperm issues (and lots and lots of men do) they sometimes need a little time to get to the right place. This is what I was told when ttc I'm not so sure it's true as I finally (after nearly 2 years) got pregnant after drunken doggystyle sex with no pillow under my bum.

BrianCoxIsEatingBrains Wed 28-Nov-12 13:29:36

WTF why on earth do you have a wet patch? Have you not heard of toilet paper??

erm yes, but you know, different people erm...emit different quantities of fluid and (it would appear, from this thread) at different times during/afterwards.

BrianCoxIsEatingBrains Wed 28-Nov-12 13:31:19

Surely wet patches aren't that unusual, or is it just on this thread?

confused

Am sure it is all part and parcel innit?

AnyFuckingDude Wed 28-Nov-12 13:38:41

when desperate (after that 2am sleepy shag) you could insert a mini-tampon, and take it out in the morning

holds it all in and soaks it up nicely

sorted

Hippocrocopig Wed 28-Nov-12 13:45:12

Would using a tampon not increase your risk of toxic shock syndrome? Now that would be a passion killer!

My suggestion, mooncup, Bobs your uncle and Fannys your aunt (so to speak) grin

imnotmymum Wed 28-Nov-12 13:45:45

Any confused

BrianCoxIsEatingBrains Wed 28-Nov-12 13:57:44

or, just use a towel under your bum - so much easier than all this faffing around people!

grin

Sidge Wed 28-Nov-12 13:59:14

I think it depends on your bloke as well.

Some seem to have more umm, volume than others.

And of course if you yourself get wetter than an otter's pocket that won't help...

NiniLegsInTheAir Wed 28-Nov-12 14:05:12

We always get a wet patch, but it's me that causes them as he wears condoms sad

AnyFuckingDude Wed 28-Nov-12 14:09:49

what are you confused about, imnotmymum ? smile

AnyFuckingDude Wed 28-Nov-12 14:10:43

the thing is if you use a sex towel under your arse, and fall asleep you are still sleeping in the wet patch

imnotmymum Wed 28-Nov-12 14:12:49

Just the mini tampon part.
1. Is it not easier to nip to loo
2. Is it unwise using tampons when not on period
3. Do you keep a stash under the bed
4. Is it not just .. well odd. Does anyone else do or heard of this ?

poshfrock Wed 28-Nov-12 14:14:47

But surely having to stop half way through to go and get a towel is a faff too ? Unless you keep one under the bed or something ? We only bother with a towel if we're either a) having sex in someone else's bed ( eg spare bed when staying with family) or b) I'm having my period, and to be honest not always then. The wet patch doesn't bother me or him and we tend to just fall asleep afterwards while spooning.

DeathMetalMum Wed 28-Nov-12 14:15:48

Yes but with a sex towel, when you wake up later due to being in the wet patch you can just whip it away.

DeathMetalMum Wed 28-Nov-12 14:17:45

We keep our towels in the drawers in our bed. For this reason alone

AmazingBouncingFerretDude Wed 28-Nov-12 14:19:13

I'm chuckling at Mistletoe defiantly contributing to the wet patch. grin

leavesarefalling Wed 28-Nov-12 14:19:33

My DH sleeps in PJ bottoms, so I use them over the wet patch. If he's cold he can get a new pair out the drawer so NMP

I'm sure DH does manoeuvre over to my side though as we are usually there at the crucial moment. hmm

BTW, why don't bathrooms come with bidets in the UK? They were pretty much standard in my original country.

soontobeburns Wed 28-Nov-12 14:23:47

Most of the time the wet patch is my fault. Yey g-spot so I don't mind lying in it. AlsoRrunning to the loo or tissues don't work when you in the process lol
I use a towel only when it's that time of the month.

AnyFuckingDude Wed 28-Nov-12 14:33:14

Whether it is your fluid or his fluid, it still goes cold, clammy and 'orrid under your bum grin

AnyFuckingDude Wed 28-Nov-12 14:35:34

imnotmymum, it's just another suggestion, like all the others

I don't think a mini tampon inserted for 4 hours when the vagina is wet with seminal fluid (and I've had 4 pregnancies and shagging sessions that must run into the trillions...) is going to do me any harm at all grin

AnyFuckingDude Wed 28-Nov-12 14:37:19

wet as in lubricated

you can run into problems when inserting tampons into a dry vagina (it can scratch the mucous membranes, introducing infection) and if you leave the same one in for too long

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now