AIBU to think that Heston Blumenwhatsit is having a terrible influence on the kids!!

(59 Posts)
SallyBeth Tue 27-Nov-12 21:14:41

I'm just watching Heston on channel 4, where he is designing a sweet shop. As part of this, he went into a school, and had a big conversation with the kids about how lovely sweets and chocolate are, and then got them to design their perfect sweet. AIBU to think that this was a terrible idea? If my DC were in that class, and came home talking all about how great sweets were, and how they wanted chocolate and sweets, I would be fuming! Surely this is a pretty irresponsible thing to bring into the classroom?!

ComposHat Fri 01-Mar-13 02:57:29

Encouraging kids to eat sweets is like encouraging a dog to sniff other dog's bollocks.

ripsishere Fri 01-Mar-13 00:21:18

<ah> nods.

mrsjay Thu 28-Feb-13 08:47:43

yabu it was sweeties not crack sweets are nice children like sweets and im sure if those children had never had sweets they would have looked at him blankly and not responded, as I said sweeties are not crack confused

pigletmania Thu 28-Feb-13 08:34:25

He's great brings out the inner kid

AmberLeaf Thu 28-Feb-13 08:21:33

fluffyraggies this thread was revived because the OP had a very long thread about turning up for work drunk, which was all a 'joke' apparently.

It was odd that she felt rolling up to work pissed was ok, but was having a hissy fit over HBs sweets!

I love HB btw. As do my children.

Sailormercury Thu 28-Feb-13 07:32:29

O noes refined sugar!

lottie63 Thu 28-Feb-13 07:17:40

Pootlebug - the voice of reason! Hurrah for some sugar sense

fluffyraggies Thu 28-Feb-13 07:12:35

3 month old thread

ripsishere Thu 28-Feb-13 07:09:27

Either, neither Mrs S. Although they can't hold a candle to my loverly Ade.

MrsSchadenfreude Thu 28-Feb-13 06:56:05

Rip - I think you are confusing him with Hugh F-W...

MrsSchadenfreude Thu 28-Feb-13 06:55:26

YANBU. I cannot tell you the difficulties he has caused with my two. They clamour constantly for snail porridge and egg and bacon ice cream, and DD1 throws a complete tantrum if I serve the wrong wine with it. It's shocking the effect he has had on them. We can never go back to fish fingers and spag bol now. sad

ripsishere Thu 28-Feb-13 06:46:05

I'd have loved to see that programme. i think Mr B is a hunk o' spunk.

MamaMumra Thu 28-Feb-13 05:54:14

Oooh, old thread....

MamaMumra Thu 28-Feb-13 05:50:22

Sparklingbrook - Heston is a world class knob whatever he does TBH

Made me laugh, it's how I feel about him too.

OldMacEIEIO Thu 28-Feb-13 00:33:46

SallyBeth is right, sweets are evil and rot your teeth and your brain, in fact they are a red line. If my kids dont watch it, I'll divorce them.
Unless they buy me some choccies for mothers day

pigletmania Thu 28-Feb-13 00:24:52

Yabvu lighten up

kinkyfuckery Wed 27-Feb-13 23:38:25

Necro-posting much?

countrykitten Wed 27-Feb-13 23:35:58

SallyBeth I think that you may be over reacting here a little as regards the actual activity. I agree with you however that sweets, chocolate etc are crap foods and should not be promoted. MN always amazes me as it is full of silly people peddling the line that sweets (crap) are 'treats'.

cory Wed 27-Feb-13 23:18:51

Commander, I do hope that's not a chocolate biscuit shock

Have a very apposite biscuit

<snatches Lauries proffered choccy>

<ner ner nerner ner>

<snigger at getting knickers in twist over kids having a sweetie lesson>

My kids would LOVE this sort of lesson.

Sounds ace.

Ach, you've been gently ribbed for being mad as a chicken.

<proffers a Hotel Chocolat praline>

numbum Wed 27-Feb-13 22:44:12

Sweets for children are bad but going to work pissed is ok....

rocketeer Wed 27-Feb-13 22:42:40

Sallybeth, wine ok, sugar bad?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now