To think maybe we don't fit in?

(536 Posts)

I think I'm definitely an outsider on MN, my kids arent gifted, we aren't rich, dammit we both have the work, full time! we don't live in a castle, shopat waitrose and certainly don't eat this good ham that y'all talk about grin

Maybe I just go back under my rock?

Apparently there should have been a queen Matilda but she got chucked out or something for being a bad ass (sounds quite fitting given my dd) but I think a princess Tilly would be quite grand! grin

InNeedOfBrandyButter Mon 03-Dec-12 20:59:53

Real stuffing is sausage meat, chestnut things I think. Not sage and onion grin

I do think the name it will be something very "english" and old, but maybe like Harry called something else so Harry instead of Henry for instance. I expect the queen has a big big say in it to.

I've just seen the news that will nd Kate have been doing the nasty....speculation over names already and one of the top caves is Matilda! Kind of hope that they go with that as will make us here look a bit less common!! May stop referring to DD as Tilly and start using her full name again wonder if she remembers it

Can only really assume that 'real' stuffing is made from, well, stuff, as would have a clue what's actually in there!

Fifis25StottieCakes Mon 03-Dec-12 10:17:31

I don't like real stuffing, i put it on the dinner one year and no one ate it so i just reverted back to paxo

bagpuss Mon 03-Dec-12 09:31:01

I have quite high standards with food on the whole but have to admit that we always use tescos stuffing, ready made yorkshires and buy a basic Christmas pud. So shoot me. Some things are really not worth punishing yourselves over. grin

Fifis25StottieCakes Sun 02-Dec-12 21:43:26

a few weeks ago i tried the aunt bessies yorkie mix instead of starting from scratch and they ended up huge. I keep a packet in the cupboard now in case ive got no eggs as you just add water

You never have juggles? You've missed out!!!!

JugglingWithPossibilities Sun 02-Dec-12 21:29:51

Ooh, yorkies with Christmas dinner, I think we might try that this year - nothing better !

<<shows commonness...Asda do a lovely ready meal that's a chicken and stuffing bake, mmmmmmm

InNeedOfBrandyButter Sun 02-Dec-12 16:48:47

I really like those chickens in asda and morrisons (don't think tesco do them) where they already have a stuffing inside them. Mmm bloody lovely stuffing that is to.

Fifis25StottieCakes Sun 02-Dec-12 16:33:11

Yes the shame of putting Paxo Stuffing in the trolley. Thought it best i go online undercover or i could run across a mn'er on the till smile

How fifi- were you watching it thinking, Christ I hope I don't run in to any of these sods in tesco's? wink

Fifis25StottieCakes Sun 02-Dec-12 14:02:04

This thread made me remember to book my tesco on line xmas shop.

Homemade deffo better, but we do have frozen sometime, we're an Aunt Bessie's gravy family. Hmmmm. Made my mouth water just the thought!

InNeedOfBrandyButter Sun 02-Dec-12 13:01:02

We have bisto, with the meat juice added in and a good slug of wine, tastes lovely. I quite like paxo stufing to. I do love home made from scratch yorkies though but have been known to pull out aunt bessie ones.

Fifis25StottieCakes Sun 02-Dec-12 12:40:09

Imagine the flaming if you had said Yorkies, Bisto Gravy and Paxo stuffing.

I love homemade Yorkies, i cant imagine a diner without them, or bisto or paxo stuffing

I wholeheartedly agreed...why would you not have yorkshires?......bet they can't cook em balroy and they're jealous!

balroymum Sun 02-Dec-12 10:56:30

Quite right brandy butter, quite right.

InNeedOfBrandyButter Sun 02-Dec-12 10:54:33

We always have yorkies with christmas dinner, well a big homemade square one ripped into pieces. Christmas dinner should be about all the best bits of a roast and a yorkie is on the top 3 of best bits IMO.

balroymum Sun 02-Dec-12 10:50:58

I have just been flamed on a non-cave Christmas thread for serving yorkie puds with Xmas dinner- homemade ones too! Typical. Who else is guilty then?!

Fifis25StottieCakes Sun 02-Dec-12 00:08:10

No ive decorated since 1982 but i can say ive got an antique wall feature

Wait..are you Susan? If so, I love it!

Fifis25StottieCakes Sun 02-Dec-12 00:01:34

I can beat you, i haven't even got a feature wall, ive got bare wall with susan was here 1982 scrawled across it and i own 2 staffies lol

Evening lovelies! Dh's aunt and replies visiting so MIL came round to make sure I didn't fuck things up everything was going swell...he cooked kids and us a nice casserole while I stood by her and drank wine watched intently to gather tips for future grin

We have then drank a lot of wine, played just dance on te wii...kids went to bed far to late (about an hour ago) so we're carrying on the wine drinking....this Christmas replies thing isn't actually that bad!!! wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now