Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To think maybe we don't fit in?

(536 Posts)

I think I'm definitely an outsider on MN, my kids arent gifted, we aren't rich, dammit we both have the work, full time! we don't live in a castle, shopat waitrose and certainly don't eat this good ham that y'all talk about grin

Maybe I just go back under my rock?

Marzipanface Sun 25-Nov-12 20:33:31

I love the idea of a seminar!

What you do is you go to Asda or your local grocer and get the reduced grapes/pears. You know the ones that are going a bit brown? Then you purchase the value chicken. Mix up fruit and chicken in a small plastic container bought from Home Bargains. Give to child at nursery. Looks posh but not really.

Here here!!! Or is it hear hear??? Should have listened at school lol

ssd Sun 25-Nov-12 20:33:47

funnily enough i want a dyson, only cos they give u a 5 yr guarantee and everythings broke round here way before then

Would your kids eat chicken and grapes,..I think mine would think I had gone mad??? Might try it and films the response lol

dementedma Sun 25-Nov-12 20:35:12

Joining you from small flat where Dcs share a bedroom. I've never even been in a Wait rose, or John Lewis. Pour me a glass of something cheap and cheerful will ya?

WeezyPeezy Sun 25-Nov-12 20:35:47

Ach, nobody lives in a fairytale, Madame... And if they pretend to they're only kidding themselves!! grin

I gots lambrusco, baby Cham, and these girls got some fake baileys they recommend

Marzipanface Sun 25-Nov-12 20:37:30

Ah well. It's something my DD will eat as she refuses to eat bread. It's that or sausage rolls.

Viviennemary Sun 25-Nov-12 20:38:30

I've never bought anything from Boden. But do sometimes treat myself to some shopping from Waitrose though DH says it's far too dear and we certainly can't afford to shop there. I haven't got a kindle or a fancy phone that does everything. But it takes all sorts!

ssd Sun 25-Nov-12 20:38:46

me too I could put it on youtube and make a fortune

true story: when my eldest was 8 and the youngest was 5 they were talking about a boy in youngest' s class, here the convo:

ds2: theres a boy in my class and guess what he had on his sandwiches today?

ds1; what?

ds2: tuna...and SWEETCORN!!!

ds1: jesus!! whats WRONG with him?? (horrified expression)

Hahahahahaha I love it, when dd1 was 3 she called someone in b and q a prick, since then we've toned down our language around the kids

cantspel Sun 25-Nov-12 20:42:58

Husband and number 2 son wear footie shirts 90% of the time.
I have a leather settee
I dont nor do i want to study for a degree
I have been known to serve a ready meal to my kids
I smoke, drink cheap cider and eat crap whilst watching x factor
I have no idea who my boys friends parents are
My boys have tv's, xboxes,.ps3's and laptops in their rooms
I dont have parent controls on the wifi
I shop in primark, store twenty one tesco and asda.
And i dont wander around looking for something to be offended by.

Not really mn material but i still hang around

Agent64 Sun 25-Nov-12 20:43:56

I don't know what turkey ham is.

Maybe I don't fit in.

elah11 Sun 25-Nov-12 20:44:09

I am on another parenting forum (not NM!) and whenever the subject of school lunches comes up posters are falling over themselves to list all the organic, homemade stuff they give their kids, with only water to drink of course. Even homemade muffins get flamed for containing too much sugar.

I love store 21!!

FuckingWonderwoman Sun 25-Nov-12 20:45:22

Wait - Sainsbury's do size 20 clothes?

ssd Sun 25-Nov-12 20:46:53

my kids play footie in the living room

friend said this was shocking and I should get dh to support me in getting them to stop..I said you're joking, he plays the winner...

Oh and our xmas tree is up already cos dh is working for next two weekends

ssd Sun 25-Nov-12 20:47:54

my 11 yr old plays COD and has done for ages

Fuck treasurer.... Ssd for president!!!

cantspel Sun 25-Nov-12 20:48:11

All my undies come from store twenty one and horror of horror my bra never matches my pants.

ssd Sun 25-Nov-12 20:49:07

i earn minimum wage waitressing...not a career in sight

stoatie Sun 25-Nov-12 20:49:21

I'l haul my rather large arse over to the rock too.

I am very often dressed head to to in Tesco clothing, both DH and I work Full time (in the NHS no less) which means <whispers> DD2 goes to after school club and I rarely (think 3 times a term) to a school pick up.

DD1 is at university grin however took her a few extra years to get there and she is studying something she loves - Musical Theatre (no doubt a Mickey Mouse degree).

DS is currently a NEEP - he was asked to leave Sixth Form - mainly because he was rarely there or did any work. So he is frantically applying to the local supermarkets for work - yes that is including Asda!

That said I love Mumsnet - especially as you never know what bizarre threads you will come across. And it invades your brain at odd moments - ie I am a midwife and recently visited a woman at home, after an examination I removed my gloves and had to fight the overwhelming urge to put them in the dishwasher grin and meekly asked if I could put them in her bin. (I don't think I will be able to find the thread this relates to sadly)

Does anyone's???

cantspel Sun 25-Nov-12 20:50:52

ssd both my boys love cod and grand theft. they are both now older than 11 but they were playing them around that age.

Neither one has felt the need to run amok at gatwick with a machine gun or bitch slap a few random women.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now