To think maybe we don't fit in?

(536 Posts)

I think I'm definitely an outsider on MN, my kids arent gifted, we aren't rich, dammit we both have the work, full time! we don't live in a castle, shopat waitrose and certainly don't eat this good ham that y'all talk about grin

Maybe I just go back under my rock?

InNeedOfBrandyButter Sun 02-Dec-12 16:48:47

I really like those chickens in asda and morrisons (don't think tesco do them) where they already have a stuffing inside them. Mmm bloody lovely stuffing that is to.

<<shows commonness...Asda do a lovely ready meal that's a chicken and stuffing bake, mmmmmmm

JugglingWithPossibilities Sun 02-Dec-12 21:29:51

Ooh, yorkies with Christmas dinner, I think we might try that this year - nothing better !

You never have juggles? You've missed out!!!!

Fifis25StottieCakes Sun 02-Dec-12 21:43:26

a few weeks ago i tried the aunt bessies yorkie mix instead of starting from scratch and they ended up huge. I keep a packet in the cupboard now in case ive got no eggs as you just add water

bagpuss Mon 03-Dec-12 09:31:01

I have quite high standards with food on the whole but have to admit that we always use tescos stuffing, ready made yorkshires and buy a basic Christmas pud. So shoot me. Some things are really not worth punishing yourselves over. grin

Fifis25StottieCakes Mon 03-Dec-12 10:17:31

I don't like real stuffing, i put it on the dinner one year and no one ate it so i just reverted back to paxo

Can only really assume that 'real' stuffing is made from, well, stuff, as would have a clue what's actually in there!

I've just seen the news that will nd Kate have been doing the nasty....speculation over names already and one of the top caves is Matilda! Kind of hope that they go with that as will make us here look a bit less common!! May stop referring to DD as Tilly and start using her full name again wonder if she remembers it

InNeedOfBrandyButter Mon 03-Dec-12 20:59:53

Real stuffing is sausage meat, chestnut things I think. Not sage and onion grin

I do think the name it will be something very "english" and old, but maybe like Harry called something else so Harry instead of Henry for instance. I expect the queen has a big big say in it to.

Apparently there should have been a queen Matilda but she got chucked out or something for being a bad ass (sounds quite fitting given my dd) but I think a princess Tilly would be quite grand! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now