To think you can still eat food with salt in it after a c-section?

(82 Posts)
Fakebook Fri 23-Nov-12 21:02:22

Prepared to be told I'm wrong. So, is food with salt allowed after a c-section? Assuming there are no hypertension problems or other problems.

Earslier than planned c-section date plus no salt makes me think pre-eclampsia and you sil has high BP which needs to come down. Home made soup is much better than shop bought for salt levels but sil may not know that.
Personally if you'd offered me chicken soup after giving birth I would probably have thrown up. No excuse at all for not saying thank you anyway.

littlemisspoppy Sat 24-Nov-12 12:17:37

I was never told about the salt thing either, I couldn't wait to eat peanuts again I think I would have cried if they said no salt!

Your SIL sounds rude, even if she can't have salt you weren't to know, she could have just said thank you, in future I wouldn't do anything nice for her, save it for someone who appreciates it!

Fakebook Sat 24-Nov-12 13:13:55

My brother is an arsehole too. He can't see beyond his wife or cares for his side of the family. My dad is seriously ill. He spends his time between my sister and I. This brother has never offered to help me even when I had my baby in January. My DS was 6 weeks old and I was dealing with my dad's fecal incontinence alone. He just took him to the doctor and then we never saw him again. My husband helped as much as he could but he was working long hours too and I didn't feel happy with my DH cleaning my dads mess because it was embarrassing dad.

I made her soup because she did make me some food when I had my son. I thought I'd repay the favour. It was hot in a thermos. No chance of food poisoning.

I gave her the clothes because she was desperate for them. Her sister gave her neutral coloured clothes and she wanted blue Boyish clothes. It's like I'm not going to have any more children, even though I'm still young and we're planning our third hopefully for next year. Tbf, some of the clothes in the bag were £1 and £2 clearance items from Next Clearance that she'd bought for DS when he was a baby. She'd taken the money from me to pay for them. DS was born very underweight and none of the clothes I had bought fitted him so I had to ask her to buy him one or two bits like sleep suits but she went and bought things that had parts missing and were slightly soiled from Next Clearance. DS didn't wear a lot of them so those things were in the bag too. Maybe that pissed her off? There were loads of other things aswell though that were really good quality from gap and m&s that I'd bought.

Meh. I can't be arsed. My life is hectic with dd and DS and dad already. I can't deal with her shitty behaviour aswell.

Cory no it was definitely salt, not bath salts.

I was told water only for the first five days, and then Badedas (which was fabulous - who knew?!) But definitely not salt. Maybe it's potential cross contamination - open wound, salt cellar with bacteria on? I have no idea, I was just told not to.

Yes they use saline in hospitals but that is sterile and in a sealed container.

BuddyTheChristmasElf Sat 24-Nov-12 22:17:11

I was told how to make my OWN "normal saline" solution by the MW (1tsp salt 1 ltr water) when I had my CS

i think it must be bath salts

Monty27 Mon 26-Nov-12 00:22:51

Injesting salt and bathing in salt are two very very differint things

WelshMaenad Mon 26-Nov-12 02:35:22

I was encouraged to use salt in the bath. That said, I took a jar of manuka honey into hospital and was slathering it all over the wound as soon as they took the pressure dressing off and whipped the wound drain out so maybe they felt I was lost cause!

I'd have ripped your arm off for some fresh home made soup post C section. Will you adopt me, Fakebook? I'll be your sibling. I'm even trained in personal care to muck in with your dad.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now