to ask what happened to Jamiroquai

(48 Posts)
threesocksmorgan Sun 18-Nov-12 00:01:04

I always thought he was dire, but he is on something I am watching(old clip)

I love the way that about half this thread either see him frequently, know him or know someone who knows him! grin I was watching last night and also thought 'blimey, JK, what happened to him? He was attractive but simultaneously gave you the impression of being a bit of a skank.' grin

I live thereabouts too (not that close to Princes R, we're not that posh) and have never spotted him. Shall keep my eyes peeled next time I'm in Henlah.

ThePathanKhansWitch Sun 18-Nov-12 18:14:15

Is he not married?

Always thought him and Denise VO would end up together.

Didn't he disappear up his own bottom?

Beaverfeaver Sun 18-Nov-12 18:03:09

Rocket100 - it's true, his long term mechanic is often fired when he eta in a bad mood and something hasn't been done to his liking, and then is promptly heed back when he calms down (sobers up) with wads of cash!

Beaverfeaver Sun 18-Nov-12 18:00:30

Yes, as feesh said above he is in Horsenden, Pinces Risborough.

Often cycle past his house and shop in the local M&S so see him quote often. Yes- he seems to do his own shopping!

He is very friendly and always stops for a chat, especially keen to talk when it's about cars.
(Usually he is still wearing his pj's!)

He also was very good at this years Kop kill climb, supplying a number of cars from his collection and driving them for the show.

Just a really nice normal bloke.
He also has his own pub in his house!

Thamesmead Sun 18-Nov-12 17:48:16

He's here in Buckinghamshire. Somewhere near us as I often see him driving by on his way to where his helicopter lives.

theoriginalandbestrookie Sun 18-Nov-12 17:42:20

My friends children met him a while ago. They didn't know he was a lead singer of a band they just knew he had been on Top Gear and thought he was cool for that.Apparently he was really nice with them.

I have heard him on the radio and in interviews where he said that he used to be a massive arse because he was on drugs but he wasn't any more.

DialsMavis Sun 18-Nov-12 17:35:03

I served him bacon sandwiches and take away beers from the very posh restaurant I worked in at the time... The owner would have told anyone else to sling their hook of they asked for that sort of thing. I liked him so much I could barely speak. He said he would come back for dinner that evening. All the waitresses hot footed it into town in our break between shifts and got extremely tarted up... He never returned! sad

financialwizard Sun 18-Nov-12 17:09:35

Who knows what he is really like, and frankly who cares?

He isn't in the news that often, and doesn't appear to court the press quite as often as other 'celebrities' we could mention that are only really famous for being on a reality show, or marrying someone who was on a reality show.

Personally I like his taste in cars and I quite like most of his music.

Whatever he is doing fair play to him, I hope he is enjoying what he has earnt.

rocket100mum Sun 18-Nov-12 16:47:30

my bro worked with him for years. Apparently he was totally self absorbed and a very lonely fella with very very few (if any) friends.

nearlymerrychristmasbutnotyet Sun 18-Nov-12 16:44:16

I like his music even though he seems like a dick.

As far as i can remember his car got smashed up a couple of years ago at Aldeburgh....I think he chatted a girl up in a hotel and her ex got the hump and smashed the car up!!!

firstpost Sun 18-Nov-12 16:38:00

He is actually very nice. Once of my friends always sees him when they are out walking their dogs, they are on nodding terms and everything smile He also does lots of local "charidy" and can be often seen having a quiet drink in Princes risborough.

KenDoddsDadsDog Sun 18-Nov-12 16:36:59

I liked his music. He was a bit of a bell end, mainly for going out with Denise "I'll shag anyone cool" Van Outen.

Can't beat a bit of space cowboy.
Is he as yobby as he used to be portrayed in the press? ( to those that live near him)

OhBuggerandArse Sun 18-Nov-12 16:32:54

He got eaten by his hat.

feesh Sun 18-Nov-12 15:29:05

He lives in Horsenden Manor just outside Princes Risborough. I used to live down the road. And I think I am the only person in the world who is still a big fan of his music!

IvantaOuiOui Sun 18-Nov-12 09:25:39

I used to be engaged to his cousin. We split up in the end. I wasn't a fan and had visions of JK turning up at our wedding reception and doing wibbly dancing.

mumblechum1 Sun 18-Nov-12 03:39:41

Haven't seen JK around for a long time actually.

SucksToBeMe Sun 18-Nov-12 03:38:00

I used to live in Shiplake, that's when I saw him whizzing around a sporty type car.
Thanks Mumbles.

mumblechum1 Sun 18-Nov-12 03:30:34

Sucks yes near Marlow and Henley

arghhhmiddleage Sun 18-Nov-12 03:28:15

Unless he's really gone OTT on the coke, he's probably living happily off the PRS along with the polishing and cataloguing

I think most people involved in the music industry realise that unless they go on to write or produce for others, they are unlikely to be nailing the charts right up to retirement age. I imagine he probably has an easier life than I do envy

SucksToBeMe Sun 18-Nov-12 03:18:49

Do you you live in buckinghamshire Mumbles? grin

arghhhmiddleage Sun 18-Nov-12 03:14:12

Busy polishing his cars I reckon. And possibly cataloging his hats.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now