To think people are just plain INSANIO about Christmas?

(306 Posts)
HullyEastergully Wed 14-Nov-12 17:23:36

In many different ways.

So much upset and pain and worry and strategising.

It's not good.

MotherfuckingMorrisMan Thu 15-Nov-12 19:34:16

ecclescake that all sounds lovely.

LineRunner Thu 15-Nov-12 18:43:13

Although I suspect indoors at StepAway's sounds pretty pissed up lovely.

LineRunner Thu 15-Nov-12 18:42:23

RudolphUcker needs a new pac-a-mac and rainmate for Christmas.

StepAwayFromTheEcclesCakes Thu 15-Nov-12 18:37:45

oooh sorry thread moved on, I just got all carried away thinking about xmas day blush

StepAwayFromTheEcclesCakes Thu 15-Nov-12 18:35:41

sellotape, oh yes I too used to stick bits on every available edge and curse when they curled up round the edge or I lost the end on the big roll. Then I found the little gadget that you wear on your wrist which gives a measured bit each time I hide it so that no one else can use it, its revolutionised wrapping five million presents for me. I remember when we were young parents and staying at our own home for the first time after years of travelling 'oop north' to see my folks, we has a romantic view of sitting under the tree drinking gin and wrapping pressies on xmas eve HA HA HA we eventually got to bed around 2 am and kids got us up at 5. easier now they are teens, all is done weeks in advance, xmas eve is still making mince pies with DS2 and choc dipped marshmallows. stockings are left outside bedroom doors on xmas eve but they still insist on coming into our bed on xmas morning 'has he beeeen?' to unwrap stockings. (16 and 20) brekky (croissants, smoked salmon and scrambled eggs) then main presents done as slowly as possible, white port and chill while admiring gifts, snowballs carols and veg prep, table setting, Gin and dinner prep for meal around 2 - 3, wine with dinner, telly after with more wine, pudding later and just general lack of rules all day. eat drink and be pissed merry

Absy Thu 15-Nov-12 17:04:59

Yes, you cover her in the mixture while dancing around, and drooling.

C'est classe

TuftyFinch Thu 15-Nov-12 17:04:51

Ralph of course I'll come get you. You'll have to sit in the back though because Hully's bagged shotgun.

Tee2072 Thu 15-Nov-12 16:55:05

"With chrayne and mayonnaise. droooooooooooool"

While dancing with Hully? shock

RudolphUcker Thu 15-Nov-12 16:32:28

smile Good to know <updates spreadsheet>

GreenyEyes Thu 15-Nov-12 16:27:55

<showbiz fingers>

Absy Thu 15-Nov-12 16:27:53

I was talking about Dancing with Hully Tee

Absy Thu 15-Nov-12 16:11:52

Yom Kippur.

Again, I was busy you know.

and what could I have possibly done to offend you Hully? I'm perfect. <swishes hair>

HullyEastergully Thu 15-Nov-12 16:05:41

When's the bit when you go round graves weeping and begging forgiveness? You don't seem to do much of that, Missy.

MotherfuckingMorrisMan Thu 15-Nov-12 16:05:33

I remember that discussion about gefilte fish!

I love chrayne. I helped dd make some for school and looked like a murderer at the end of it, what with the hiorseradish eyes and beetroot hands.

Tee2072 Thu 15-Nov-12 16:01:08

I don't know what you're talking about, but I'm talking about gefilte fish! grin

Absy Thu 15-Nov-12 16:01:02

And, in my defense, I never get to have Holiday Discussion threads. This year for Rosh Hashona, I was too busy, at the in laws again, sat by the pool having cakes and coffee brought to me while reading books

<gets out world's smallest violin>

Absy Thu 15-Nov-12 15:59:25

For. With chrayne and mayonnaise. droooooooooooool

<hopefully we're talking about the same thing>

RudolphUcker Thu 15-Nov-12 15:50:04

I am here, at the coast ALREADY. Looking soulful. In a transparent plastic poncho.

I admire derailing talent in all its forms.

JugglingWithPossibilities Thu 15-Nov-12 15:33:38

Thank goodness for a nice calm Christmas thread.

I liked what bigkids said on page 1 - basically have a nice meal and one special pressie each, plus a stocking for kids, and all watch a nice movie - or perhaps go for a walk or round to friends in afternoon.

The madness does make me feel a bit stressed especially when I'm a bit broke.

But I'm determined not to be - just to enjoy the pleasures of the season as with every other time of the year.

It's just a bit of bling and cosy comforts to keep out the cold after all !

Tee2072 Thu 15-Nov-12 15:24:54

Ah, I see. Hully is Easter. I get it now!

That is a talent, BTW, Absy. Are you for or against? Personally, I am against.

HullyEastergully Thu 15-Nov-12 15:22:42

<SHS>

Absy Thu 15-Nov-12 15:21:23

Look at Hully's name. Let's blame Hully.

I LOVE derailing xmas threads me. Last year I managed to derail a xmas food thread into chat about gefilte fish. It's a talent.

Tee2072 Thu 15-Nov-12 15:17:26

Passover? Wasn't this thread about Christmas when last I checked? Shouldn't we be discussing Chanukkah if anything?

HullyEastergully Thu 15-Nov-12 14:51:25

Of course we would have got you

we haven't gone yet

where are you?

RudolphUcker Thu 15-Nov-12 14:50:03

And no fucker thought to come and get me?
<sadly packs away poncho and waterproof headsquare>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now