to think you'd struggle to find a more beautiful country than Spain?

(80 Posts)
autumnlights12 Sat 10-Nov-12 21:58:27

(obviously I'm not talking about Benidorm)
I've been all around the world, Lisa Stansfield style. to the South Pacific, Asia, the Americas, all over Europe...but they are no more beautiful than Spain which is only a 2 hour flight away. I would move there tomorrow if we could feasibly make a living there.. sigh..

Doha Sun 11-Nov-12 18:42:58

Ewwwwww I have been to many wonderful beautiful countries and l certainly wouldn't class Spain as one of them.

So since you asked YABU

EllenParsons Sun 11-Nov-12 17:02:57

Austria is the best IMO!

desertgirl Sun 11-Nov-12 16:55:50

there are so many beautiful places smile and one of the best things is that if you go away and look at something completely different, the place looks even more beautiful when you go back.

(Alhambra is fabulous - had one of the most perfect meals ever sitting looking at it - great food, great company, great view, perfect weather..... those are the moments you want to package up and put away to take out and polish in your old age....)

jamdonut Sun 11-Nov-12 15:41:14

The Yorkshire coast is pretty impressive. So glad I live on it. smile

corlan Sun 11-Nov-12 15:39:33

Upon Westminster Bridge.

SuperTressy Sun 11-Nov-12 15:35:39

Sorry, Meant more of Spain!!

SuperTressy Sun 11-Nov-12 15:35:06

It depends on what you consider beautiful. I live on the North Devon coast, which to me has the most gorgeous scenery and I can't imagine living anywhere else (except for New Zealand perhaps). I've only been to Costa Blanca in Spain, which to me is a bit barren and full of new housing developments and furniture stores. Would love to explore of Spain though ~ what areas would you suggest?

I love the Catalan region and had a very happy 6 months living there, very beautiful. But I have to agree with the pp who said that South Africa is the most beautiful place. Stunning scenery wherever you go and amazing diversity. Cape Town is an amazing city and totally different to the rugged isolation of Drakensberg or vast emptiness of the karoo. Truly amazing country.

The amazon region of Brazil is also stunning and like nowhere on earth.

Wilding Sun 11-Nov-12 12:56:48

I do think the Alhambra is one of the most beautiful places I've ever been to. But I also love Northumberland, the Altai mountains in Mongolia, the west coast of Scotland and and the Tibetan steppe... could never pick just one!

ophelia275 Sun 11-Nov-12 12:53:26

YABU. I personally think Spain is very overrated both in terms of its landscape, architecture and people. For me it is far from beautiful.

However, you are entitled to your opinion but I disagree.

FreudiansSlipper Sun 11-Nov-12 10:12:20

I love Spain parts I have see are beautiful but personally think Italy is more beautiful.

There are so many places that I have seen that are beautiful. I think walking over Waterloo bridge at night is one of the most amazing sites but so are the amazing blue sky in Sydney and the coastline of california and the
Sahara desert seeing the moon set and the sun rise it just amazing

CaptainSolo Sun 11-Nov-12 10:00:11

Spain!!!shock No way. Switzerland everytime.

SugarPasteSnowflake Sun 11-Nov-12 09:59:07

I love Spain - like anywhere bits are stunning, other bits less so. Our long term goal us to move to Spain. I'm looking forward to it but I will miss the UK I think, probably the greenery the most.

echt Sun 11-Nov-12 09:48:15

Scotland is indeed stunning.

It took me years to "get" Australia, but now I do; a weird, worn-down nubbins of a place, and wonderful.

CogitoErgoSometimes Sun 11-Nov-12 09:47:30

YABU... you can't live on scenery. Spain is bankrupt.

WineGoggles Sun 11-Nov-12 09:41:50

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and there are gorgeous places all over the world. I went on a tour of Catalonia and I thought it was lovely, but I preferred Provence and Tuscany.

"There is a patch on the Herefordshire/Shropshire landscape that reduces me to tears"
Hear hear! It's a stunning part of the country.

dysfunctionalme Sun 11-Nov-12 09:39:41

I used to go to Spain a lot, mostly the Catalan area, and have lots of happy memories. But to me there is so much more to life than the scenery of a place, is there something else about Spain you like?

tiredemma Sun 11-Nov-12 08:01:58

The most beautiful place for me is the Alps. Beautiful. On top of this beautiful world.

BikeRunSki Sun 11-Nov-12 07:55:42

The Highlands
The Namib Dessert
Monte Carlo
All beautiful, all different. The Earth is a beautiful and diverse place.

KaraStarbuckThrace Sun 11-Nov-12 07:50:22

I love Spain. But to me, Scotland is far more beautiful.
My Dad is Spanish and he would come back and live in England, but his wife wants to stay in Spain.

VolumeOfACone Sun 11-Nov-12 07:47:10

I do love Spain though OP. smile
Seville is a beautiful city.

KenDoddsDadsDog Sun 11-Nov-12 07:45:31

Granada is one of the most beautiful places in the world. Apart from the bus station.

VolumeOfACone Sun 11-Nov-12 07:44:58

You know I've never really seen anywhere truly beautiful in France. I should probably go back and look in different places!

The most beautiful scene I have seen was in Scotland.

FrankWippery Sun 11-Nov-12 07:43:17

I agree. Lived there for 8 years, covered pretty much all of it. Some parts are dreadful, like anywhere, but give me the rugged Galician Coast, the mountains and lakes south of San Sebastián, Toledo, Ronda and the surrounding campo, and the cities of Sevilla, Barcelona and Cordoba and it's Heaven. And the food is amazing, the Ribero del Duero wines, so much. Yep Heaven.

Frontpaw Sun 11-Nov-12 07:41:50

Scotland - the North Coast or Loch Lomond, Berwick, Italian coastline near Grosetto, the rainforests in NZ (or the glaciers)...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now