Woman smoking outside my two sons school

(153 Posts)
mum2threesons Fri 09-Nov-12 14:19:01

this morning!
She was surrounded by children and didnt seem to care.
Im not sure if reporting it to the school would help as she was not standing on school grounds. (and she did look too scary to approach!)

Pancakeflipper Fri 09-Nov-12 14:20:48

People are allowed to smoke outside of school grounds so reporting it to the school will do bugger all.

Move yourself and your kids away from her.

thumper1806 Fri 09-Nov-12 14:21:34

If she was outside and not on school grounds I don't really see that you have any reason to complain to the school.

I wouldn't smoke outside a school and in front of children, but if someone else chose to I wouldn't think of saying anything to them. Not because I would be afraid, but because I would consider it none of my business.

mutny Fri 09-Nov-12 14:22:07

which part of what she was doing was illegal?

CindySherman Fri 09-Nov-12 14:22:17

What exactly is the problem here? was she smoking crack?

Ghoulelocks Fri 09-Nov-12 14:22:48

Maybe she was a staff member doing it off the site as she should... grin

Seriously though, what do you expect the school to do if it's not on their grounds?

vodkaanddietirnbru Fri 09-Nov-12 14:22:58

nothing wrong or illegal about it so YABU (and I am a non smoker!)

AngelWreakinHavoc Fri 09-Nov-12 14:23:20

Was she smoking a bong? Just wondering what the actual problem is.

schmee Fri 09-Nov-12 14:23:21

My first biscuit

givemeaclue Fri 09-Nov-12 14:23:23

Oh gosh darling you really need to find a school with a better class of parent, next you'll be saying you spotted a tattoo or even gold hoop ear rings

DrWhoBrain Fri 09-Nov-12 14:24:00

In reality children walking past a smoker is not going to harm them, probably more at risk walking past a main road jammed with traffic, people over worry these days it wasnt so long ago children were around smoking constantly and survived

mum2threesons Fri 09-Nov-12 14:24:31

The problem was she was smoking near children. I thought that was obvious. I never said it was illegal did I?
I thought the school wouldnt be able to do anything, just wanted to see what everyones opinion was.

WileyRoadRunner Fri 09-Nov-12 14:25:04

I am not a smoker. I don't think it's appropriate to smoke around children BUT unless she had them corralled into a corner puffing smoke all over them then YABU

FanjoForTheMammaries Fri 09-Nov-12 14:25:17

Oh no, that is the worst thing I have ever heard!

err not.

Nancy66 Fri 09-Nov-12 14:25:26

the key word is: outside.

i don't much like smoking but I don't object to the poor sods having a puff outdoors.

FanjoForTheMammaries Fri 09-Nov-12 14:25:56

hmm Yes, go on, report her to school.

WHAT?

Nonchantly smoking on the pavement?

I really realyy think you need to speak to the HT about this, and come back and tell us the response.

EuroShagmore Fri 09-Nov-12 14:26:41

I hate smoking but.... biscuit

FunnysInLaJardin Fri 09-Nov-12 14:27:34

really? And quite what was it that she was doing wrong? People do still smoke you know

mum2threesons Fri 09-Nov-12 14:28:16

She was pregnant as well, suppose you dont find that a problem either then?

Alisvolatpropiis Fri 09-Nov-12 14:28:19

Get a grip OP.

ginmakesitallok Fri 09-Nov-12 14:28:45

Why do you think the HT would be at all interested? If she'd been in the park smoking near kids would you have thought to report to HT? FFs - get a life and leave others to live theirs

Pancakeflipper Fri 09-Nov-12 14:28:58

Oh now you are drip feeding OP.

Ghoulelocks Fri 09-Nov-12 14:29:06

It sounds a bit daft is my honest opinion, reminds me of the parent who came in to inform me the TA I'd allocated to her child's class that year was 'a bit rough', couldn't see go with the older children....

I presume the pavement if of a width that a child is very unlikely to be inhaling fumes, especially with the height difference.

The only time I'd agree it is out of order is when I see people in playgrounds or any tight space with children flowing around with a fag in their hand held low behind them whilst they talk which would be easy for a child to run into accidently or get caught by.

FanjoForTheMammaries Fri 09-Nov-12 14:29:26

if she is pregnant it's still her own business

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now