Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

*Whispers* To enjoy the smell of my baby's farts?

(92 Posts)
DancesWithSockPuppets Tue 26-Jun-12 20:47:20

I can't be the only one, surely?

NopeStillNothing Wed 20-Feb-13 22:12:47

I'm disgusted and appalled at the lot of you.

PessaryPam Wed 20-Feb-13 22:17:33

When motherly love goes wrong......

HotPinkWeaselWearingLederhosen Wed 20-Feb-13 23:18:44

As long as none of you guys have hulking great teens I'll let you all off the hook you guff loving weirdos

All levels of no.

however
My ds has his stuffed animal, doggie. When i make ds's bed i'll have good whiff of doggie who has been cuddled and loved since ds was very, very young. grin

SirBoobAlot Wed 20-Feb-13 23:32:41

You are all bloody odd.

Branleuse Wed 20-Feb-13 23:35:02

confused

BlackholesAndRevelations Wed 20-Feb-13 23:42:53

Farts stink, no matter whose they are. I am APPALLED at people saying they like the snell of their 2, or even 4 yos farts!! I have to hold my breath when dealing with either of my beautiful children's crap. Baby breath is a lovely smell, but we're talking brand new, milk fed newborn babies. And as for morning wee??!! <boggles>

I did when they were newborns. Not now.

Mine, however, are pure nasal ambrosia.

RaspberryRuffle Thu 21-Feb-13 01:37:43

OMG! I'm honestly quite shocked, and a bit grossed out and a bit fascinated in the way that I get when watching Embarrassing Bodies. One of my sisters is very gross and loves to fart loudly in front of people so I will have to ask her about this.
licking babies?? liking fart and poo smells? Please nobody bring out a perfume to match ;-)
I'm just waiting for more gross revelations, I have an active imagination...

Dryjuice25 Thu 21-Feb-13 01:41:40

The baby nappies smell quite sweet when exclusively bf though. But once weaned, everything changes and it really becomes proper poo and I just wont be caught sniffing that!

OccamsRaiser Thu 21-Feb-13 02:34:45

My DH used to call our DS the 'peanut pooper' when he was very little (and EBF) as he swore that's what the nappies smelled like. Now that he's older, we still call him Peanut, as a nickname, but only the two of us (and now MN) know why...

Beachcombergirl Thu 21-Feb-13 03:59:15

Yeah,not so much since weaning began to be fair

MercedesKing Thu 21-Feb-13 06:54:49

Not that into the smell, perhaps it is due to the reason that I am still not a real mom. Well, I do believe things would be changed sometime. grin

Dannilion Thu 21-Feb-13 09:28:38

What the actual fuck have I just read confused

MissTapestry Thu 21-Feb-13 13:36:42

I lick DD, especially if she's scratched herself. I also have a good whiff of her nappy when it comes off! I like kissing the sweaty but under her toes too, especially when she curls her toes over my lip grin

You dirty fucking bastards!

Blergh

FloatyFlo Thu 21-Feb-13 13:51:54

This is rather grim.

Perhaps the oddest thread I've read in a while.

LetsFaceTheMusicAndDance Thu 21-Feb-13 13:55:28

YANBU If you like them, you like them.

I used to stare in wonderment at the beautiful colours of my kids' poo when they were first weaning. And if they have breast milk and veg it doesn't smell pooey anyway.

And their beautiful buttery breath - smelled like sunshine should smell to me.

It's different now they're teenagers though....oh yes siree.

Locketjuice Thu 21-Feb-13 13:56:32

Strange ones ....

LetsFaceTheMusicAndDance Thu 21-Feb-13 13:59:20

But I do still relish the smell of the tops of their heads, even though the older 2 have to be sitting down for me to reach. grin

honeytea Thu 21-Feb-13 14:05:46

I am so glad I have found some other baby licking mummies! I like to lick ds (9 weeks) and DP thinks I am actaully crazy. If he sees me doing it I get a disaproving "did you just lick the baby again? You shouldn't do that you know" I feel I have to do it in secret.

I felt like DS was just like a puppy when he was first born, we call him valpen which means the puppy in DP's language.

I have wondered about bf baby poo, what would happen if I just drank expressed breastmilk for a day, would my poo smell like bf baby poo?

<crazy lady>

LetsFaceTheMusicAndDance Thu 21-Feb-13 15:21:56

Honeytea you didn't lick the puppy, did you......?

midastouch Thu 21-Feb-13 15:26:01

OMG!!! really?? Eeuurrghhh!! This could well be the strangest AIBU ive read!

CitrusyOne Thu 21-Feb-13 15:30:08

DD is 4 months and EBF. My farts smell just like her's- and it's that way round. Mine definitely smell of baby fart. Why is that?

bedmonster Fri 22-Feb-13 11:15:36

I have never in my life heard that people lick their babies! Most unexpected I must say!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now