*Whispers* To enjoy the smell of my baby's farts?

(92 Posts)
DancesWithSockPuppets Tue 26-Jun-12 20:47:20

I can't be the only one, surely?

getagoldtoof Tue 26-Jun-12 20:50:06

Depends - how old is your baby, and is s/he on solids?

snaplockslags Tue 26-Jun-12 20:50:23

WTAF???!!??

yadbu sorry grin

getagoldtoof Tue 26-Jun-12 20:51:16

Bf farts smell like caramel. When my boy has been scoffing eggs etc though, I'd avoid his general bottom area as a rule!

Trioofprinces Tue 26-Jun-12 20:52:34

YAB a bit weird tbh.

Sparks1 Tue 26-Jun-12 20:52:52

See if you think the same come toddlerhood!

Coconutty Tue 26-Jun-12 20:53:29

UABU and are a total weirdo. Are the poo troll? grin

Coconutty Tue 26-Jun-12 20:53:41

are you

HecateAdonaea Tue 26-Jun-12 20:53:46

Nope.

I also used to like the smell of their little milky baby sick

and their pooey nappies.

I think it's programmed into us to not be repulsed by these things when it's our baby (otherwise we'd run off, screaming wink ). Other people's babies nappies smelled so bad it made me chuck. But not mine.

But you probably shouldn't listen to me, because I also mooed like a cow when giving birth, and used to lick their foreheads and do an odd purr/growl/chuckle.

I don't accept that I purr/growl/chuckled. He's clearly lying. But I did lick their foreheads. It was a compulsion.

it's the animal in us all. grin

There you go. Now you're not the freak.

DancesWithSockPuppets Tue 26-Jun-12 20:54:20

He's 6mo, so bottom all over the place at the moment. Still nice though... though if I'm still liking them when he's 16 I will seek professional help. blush

You dirty bugger!

Yabu and very gross grin

PollyLove Tue 26-Jun-12 21:06:33

YANBU, I love my babies morning breath. I could literally stick my nose in her mouth, DP says I'm gross though sad

ErikNorseman Tue 26-Jun-12 21:06:42

YABU! Gross. However ds's breath used to smell gorgeous blush

Cloudbase Tue 26-Jun-12 21:16:50

When DD and DS were teeny newborns , I wanted to lick them. Just like they were little wolf cubs...blush

popmasterdefeatsme Tue 26-Jun-12 22:22:15

YANBU

Not in my opinion anyway. I am sooo glad I'm not alone. I LOVE the smell of everything about my babies. Particularly their nappies (especially when breast fed). <feels glad she can post about this - DH and sister are appalled>

Polly, I smell my baby's breath everymorning too... Cloud, I lick and smell them all the time too.

Should I really be a member of the wolf family?

(I'd like to add that by about 1 year old the delightful smell thing for me went and I struggle to maintain a smile whilst dealing with DD's poos in potties they smell so yuk but I still smell her head though)

ceeveebee Tue 26-Jun-12 22:26:00

When I started weaning my DDs poo smelt of raspberries (her favourite), lovely!

MildredIsMyAlterEgo Tue 26-Jun-12 22:30:47

YADNBU

DS is 19mo, I still quite like the smell of his farts grin. His nappies, otoh are incredibly smelly (and not in a nice way).

CharlotteLucas Tue 26-Jun-12 22:31:39

I licked my newborn the second he came out. Actually, three months on I still lick him quite a bit... Hear me roar etc.

MrsCornish Tue 26-Jun-12 22:32:44

love every smell that comes off them til they're about 3. when i walk past strangers with babies it's all i can do not to ask for a sniff.

rainydaysarebad Tue 26-Jun-12 22:34:27

Yanbu. My ds's poo smells sweet and sweeter when he's had banana purée the day before! My husband thinks I'm mad, but I keep telling him his poo smells gorgeous!! I also love that sweaty cheesy smell inberween his toes!! He's only 5 months, so I know I won't be saying the same in a few years time!

MissBetsyTrotwood Tue 26-Jun-12 22:34:38

YANBU at all. I love the smell of my DSs' farts. But nobody else's!

Wtaf at baby licking?

FutTheShuckUp Tue 26-Jun-12 22:37:31

You licked your baby after it had just come out of you??????

somedayma Tue 26-Jun-12 22:38:40

you are all disgusting

DesperatelySeekingPomBears Tue 26-Jun-12 22:40:36

rainy Thank god it's not just me that compulsively sniffs my baby's feet. He thinks it's hilarious but I just can't help it. It's like grown up sweaty feet but nice...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now