AIBU in thinking that the IPOAT hall has transported to another dimension

(1000 Posts)
Minimammoth Fri 11-May-12 11:44:42

Where has it gone? Just as I was about to start sprucing it up for the jubilee and start tatting the bunting?

Fiderer Fri 15-Feb-13 13:12:52

I'll wager the sulky one on the left ends up working in our kitchen with her snarled lip. She could sour any posset.

Miss Syb how right you are that I thought only of youth and beauty when your name was mentioned. And indeed I was only trying to restore you, dear heart, after your sore travails with the pirates.

How lovely now to see you sprout.

Minimammoth Tue 19-Feb-13 08:09:26

Sprout,sprout, who's calling who a sprout.
The moat definitely needs a clear out, or the under-gardener will be too distracted,and we can't have that.

Umami Tue 19-Feb-13 19:21:55

I think it would be prudent at this stage just to remind ourselves of the under-gardener's appearance. You know, so that we would be sure to notice were he to become distracted by anything.

sybilvimes Wed 20-Feb-13 14:04:15

I could go and help the under gardener if that would be helpful? (innocent).

He may be able to help with my water lily problem. Certainly he looks like a man who is good with his hands...

Hullygully Wed 03-Apr-13 09:47:15

Now, I would like to herald the return of our dear Mimi AND dear Gibbon, mother of electrical Nigel.

In honour, I suggest another adventure is due, Mimi suggests roundheads and cavaliers. <doffs plumed hat>

<<twirls lovelocks>>

<<curtseys in a pretty manner>>

Alack alas poor King Charles - defeated at Worcester, on the run for his ife...he is sheltering in a barrel in the cellar...we must shield him from Cromwell's men...and he is dead fit. I have provided him with a hasty posset and some broken meats...

Hullygully Thu 25-Apr-13 09:53:02

<wafts through>

Hullygully Thu 25-Apr-13 09:53:34

<orders oranges a la Nell Gwynne>

<<scatters dried herbs amongst the rushes>>

<<gives Charles a posset, plate of cold meats and a good seeing to winsome smile>>

Fiderer Fri 26-Apr-13 06:53:46

<smokes the dried herbs>
<sells oranges out of the back gate>
<uses proceeds to procure a restorative posset for poor Mimi'fied Charles>

Hullygully Fri 26-Apr-13 09:18:09

<Encases bosoms in large lace thing poking out of ruched dress thing and pushes them temptingly at Charles whilst proffering juicy ripe squeezable oranges winningly>

<thinks will be glad when new thread as this one takes forever to load...>

Fiderer Fri 26-Apr-13 10:07:45

<ponders that Charles was in no danger of succumbing to scurvy>

<and that he thought, 'Not another fucking orange. What's wrong with a grape or a nice furry peach?'>

Hullygully Fri 26-Apr-13 10:37:25

<twirls Charles' lovely curly wig and balances an orange on cleavage>

Fiderer Fri 26-Apr-13 12:34:44

Heavens woman, any more oranges and he'll split his Jaffas. Aside from the indignities he may suffer, the waste disposal in the Hall still hasn't recovered from Cook's last "All Thee Can Eat Pie Fayre."

<removes orange from Hully's cleavage>

Just bobble yer cleavage at him.

Hullygully Fri 26-Apr-13 13:01:40

His Maj LIKES oranges excessively

<juggles them defiantly>

Fiderer Fri 26-Apr-13 17:30:32

<sigh> On your own cleavage be it then.

Whilst you have been juggling and Mme D seeing to His Maj, I have been checking supplies, gaining us coinage for the Royal Visit, replenishing the distillery herb-drying shed and hiring lusty young men to aid us on Estate and in Hall.

I hear tell of a Louise who would fain locate the King and slither her way into his barrel. Take care.

bah, 'tis a bold wench that Louise, but methinks Lady Castlemaine is more of a threat...

still, that's all for the future...we must contrive a plan to enable our sovereign lord to escape the clutches of Cromwell's bleating puritans. There is is marvellous oak tree before the haha...perhaps we could fashion some sort of tree house?

Fiderer Fri 26-Apr-13 17:53:30

Lawks, he can't stay long in an oak tree. Especially as I've sent 3 barrels of beer up there today. Never has a tree wept so much sap.

I must ready the priest hole. We have need of a diversion.

I think he has cramp. I must massage his lower extremities...

(readjusts muslin fichue)

I'm going up...

<<I wonder how dear Abercrombie is doing?>>

Hullygully Thu 02-May-13 09:31:41

Must we not hasten him to France? Isn't there a Minette? <vague Jean Plaidy memories>

Fiderer Fri 03-May-13 07:28:47

A vignette with Minette?

Dear Mistress Hulls, Minette is his sister...

Hullygully Thu 09-May-13 14:59:47

Like that would stop his royal little filthpot

This thread is not accepting new messages.