Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

What are the chances of a 10mth old accepting Nutramigen?

(6 Posts)

I think dd was 7/8 months when she first had it & we were warned but she took it no prob.

It is vile though !

MrsWhirling Tue 17-Sep-13 22:18:29

Thanks all! So I guess it's worth a try... Fingers crossed!! X

HoopHopes Tue 17-Sep-13 22:15:45

My 9mth old took nutramigem. First time I did ( for eg) one scoop nutramigem and 3 scoops of normal formula/breast milk. And altered ratio over a week or so til he totally accepted it.

mamij Tue 17-Sep-13 20:01:24

Nope. DD2 12 month old wouldn't accept Nutrimigen either. Tried several times in different cups, beakers etc. Ended up bf until 16 months and slowly moved onto Alprosoy 1 Plus.

DD1 hated Neocate too hmm

Sorry OP, probably not what you want to hear!

piggyboo Tue 17-Sep-13 19:48:36

my ds took neocate (yuck) for the first time with no problems at 10 months, i told the dietitian there was no way he would take it, she said to mix it with bm at first, but i was curious and just offered it on its own and he gobbled down 8oz! we haven't looked back since.

Good luck x

MrsWhirling Tue 17-Sep-13 19:34:43

The consultant said 0%.

Has any successfully done this with a DC 6nth+?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now