Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

What should I do next?

(2 Posts)
Karen4007 Mon 22-Jul-13 22:59:15

My dd2 also is on nutramigen. I started by introducing cooked milk (cheese)in a baby food. I am allergic to lots if things, do my kids are at high risk. I have been told to introduce 1 new thing at a time, so if they react U know what it was. I started introducing other formula now. I gave her a bit of HIPP organic ready made milk. She had a runny bum, so I tried it again a week later and she was fine. Now I give her 1 bottle a day she is 9 months and they will stop with the nutramigen at 1. I also make sure the 'new' food is given in the morning, so that I can keep an eye on her for a good few hours.

I started on fruits as dome can be quite reactive but am now giving her most things. Not given fish yet, but when the time comes I will do the same. They will be reluctant to prick test at this stage as allergies may not have developed yet. If she has a reaction to anything I that I think might affect her breathing I was told not to muck about just dial 999.

Hope thus helps a bit

Dinosaurdrip Mon 22-Jul-13 22:24:27

Dd has a milk/dairy allergy and after a bit of a nightmare was prescribed nutramigen and we have been to see a dietician. All fine there, but I am worried that I should be doing more. Should she have tests to see if she is allergic to anything else. I have been reading other threads on here and people are talking about skin prick test and being referred to paeds etc.

Dr I saw was very dismissive and really not very helpful (there is a thread about it but I have no clue how to link)! Anyway dietician told me to introduce a small amount of egg and fish, but I'm scared to. I know it's unlikely that anything bad will happen but what if it does?

Can anyone give me any advice on what I should be doing and who I should be seeing?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now