Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

Any dairy free/soya free bakers?

(185 Posts)
Dorisday13 Sat 04-May-13 15:12:30

What's the best alternative for baking? Oat milk? Rice milk? I'm trying to make savory muffins :-) x

CouthyMow Wed 12-Jun-13 14:43:33

As in the milk alternative. Haven't tried it yet - probably tomorrow as I had the seventh circle of hell toddler group today for DS3, and have hydrotherapy after school for DS2...

CouthyMow Wed 12-Jun-13 14:44:03

As in Koko - what used to be Karo coconut milk.

janey223 Wed 12-Jun-13 20:20:02

Ohhh couthy I need to try this! Monkey couldn't even find a cheese at the show hmm although apparently the rice cheese people were there on a different stall and I missed them.

CouthyMow Wed 12-Jun-13 22:32:03

I didn't see the rice cheese people either - and I went round EVERY stall. I don't think they were there on Saturday tbh.

Will try tomorrow evening, if I can find muslin cloth in my supermarket. Would baby ones do?!

Dorisday13 Fri 28-Jun-13 14:53:34

Do you think it is possible to freeze or store open those pea protein yogurt pots????? X

Hensinthehedgerow Thu 22-Aug-13 09:50:48

Has anyone tried to make a quiche?

Beesandbutterflies Wed 09-Oct-13 21:53:56

Hi, just wondering if anyone can help me,

I'm looking for brown sugar paste (I keep finding chocolate ones with milk in) for my dd 1st birthday cake :-)

Many thanks
X

Beesandbutterflies Wed 09-Oct-13 21:55:14

Hi, just wondering if anyone can help me,

I'm looking for brown sugar paste (I keep finding chocolate ones with milk in) for my dd 1st birthday cake :-)

Many thanks
X

trixymalixy Wed 09-Oct-13 22:44:46

I just add red green and black gel colours to fondant. Either that or add cocoa powder which is dairy free.

Beesandbutterflies Thu 10-Oct-13 07:39:14

Thanks trixy, was hoping not to have to make it myself, I'm just very lazy! I think that might be the way forward though, thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now