Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

Allergic to my perfume(s)

(2 Posts)
DeepRedBetty Sat 23-Mar-13 22:31:32

Not classic perfumes, as I never was madly into them and seem to be OK with Obsession and Cerruti Image when I can be arsed to wear them, but I've developed a pretty massive intolerance to most aerosols since ddtwins. To the point that I can't use Tesco customer toilets anymore as they have those automatic squirtie thingies in them!

Could you try spraying perfume onto clothes? Yes I did see the bit about pulse points... I'm just thinking better than nothing!

Hello, new in this topic <waves> and after some advice please. Am not a huge perfume wearer and some of this is because since DCs arrival I have noticed that my perfumes (Chanel no 19 & no 5) have been causing really uncomfortable skin reactions.

Have always had sensitive-ish skin, so do the non-bio washing powder/sensitive skin face cream but until the last few years never had the slightest problem with perfume. Now I do. Itchy, red rash where ever it has touched my skin. I know I could just "walk" through it - but I keep forgetting. And I want to wear it properly on my pulse points <stamps foot childishly>.

I can accept not wearing my current perfumes anymore - but wondered if anyone has any experience of this and if there are any particular makes/types etc of perfume that are kinder than others?

Please helo me smell nicer....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now