Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

Weight loss & food intolerances

(5 Posts)
KatyMac Wed 27-Feb-13 22:21:51

Possibly but I'm eating loads of Jam doughnuts & bacon sarnies & pate-on-toast so it's a great way to eat grin

MN044 Wed 27-Feb-13 22:15:29

When I went low carb I ate tons and still lost weight. It's entirely possible that in cutting out all the stuff with milk in, you've also cut out the stuff that had a lot of sugar in it iyswim.

KatyMac Wed 27-Feb-13 22:14:28

Oh I needed to lose it - I'm just surprised I have iyswim

I certainly eat no less

MN044 Wed 27-Feb-13 22:13:29

Have you inadvertantly gone low carb? I'm on a no milk diet due to bfing an allergic baby and have lost weight. Did you have weight to lose? 18 pounds in just over 2 months is actually an acceptable weight loss and nothing to worry about if you're not underweight

KatyMac Wed 27-Feb-13 22:10:37

I have lost 18lbs since the week before Christmas

I appear to have done this by completely eliminating milk/dairy from my diet (as advised by my consultant)

I had already given up milk/butter/cheese etc but over Christmas I actually looked at every label and gave up all the silly bits in biscuits/bread/soup etc

I eat the same amount I previously ate; possibly higher in calorie......but I'm losing weight

Can anyone explain this?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now