Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

Wet wrappied a babies hands. Help please?

(5 Posts)
MrsDeVere Fri 25-Jan-13 20:47:14
MrsDeVere Fri 25-Jan-13 20:44:53

Yes definitely.
As long as they are cotton. If you get the longer ones they will go further up his arm so hard for him to pull off.

You could try a company called Cotton Comforts or Eczema Clothing.
They sell all in ones with mits attached in 100% cotton and no seams.

I used them for my DS. He really did have the most horrendous eczema.
They all in ones are quite expensive but they are worth every penny. You can hot wash them over and over.

I would also recommend checking out if you can get a special seal fitted on your washing machine. We got one put in after it broke down yet again. The creams rot the rubber letting all sorts of things get in the drum. The special seal is rot proof.

I know it is horrible for you and your DS but my DS's skin is under control now. I never thought it would be but there is hope smile

PassMeTheWino Fri 25-Jan-13 19:49:53

We thought cotton socks would do. I mean, its not that different is it?
Would you do that?

MrsDeVere Fri 25-Jan-13 13:07:11

My son had very severe eczema but we never had to ww his hands.

So are you using bandages and then wanting to cover them?
If so I would find a pair of longish cotton socks and use them as mittens

PassMeTheWino Fri 25-Jan-13 13:01:07

My sons fingers, thumbs, wrists and knuckles have terrible eczema all of the time.

I cant keep using steroids.

Wet wrapping is great for the rest of his body.

I asked for wet wrapping for his hands, thinking they'd be mittens but they are gloves. I cannot get the second layer on his fingers. Its impossible.

How do others wet wrap their babys hands?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now