She's come undone

(15 Posts)
KinkyDorito Mon 10-Feb-14 15:12:33

I heard of this on here and I just want to say a huge thanks. It's just amazing writing.

I am in awe that a man has created the character of Dolores.

happystory Wed 12-Feb-14 09:43:26

Am probably a bit late with this but just had to agree. This book was on my wish list for years and when I finally read it, wow. A fabulously moving book.

KinkyDorito Thu 13-Feb-14 06:19:04

smile thought it was just me for a while!!

Feenie Sun 16-Feb-14 19:05:12

Loved it - and have loved everything of Wally Lamb's I've read since. This remains my favourite though.

Quangle Mon 17-Feb-14 20:30:56

He is fab. I am reading We Are Water at the moment and this thread is encouraging me to go back and reread She's Come Undone.

moondog Mon 17-Feb-14 20:31:33

Wonderful book.
Wonderful writer.

Turquoisetamborine Mon 17-Feb-14 20:32:39

I must have read it 8-9 yrs ago but it's a great book. Which other Wally Lamb books should I read?

Quangle Mon 17-Feb-14 20:40:34

My fave is "I know this much is true" but it's quite gruelling at times.

Turquoisetamborine Mon 17-Feb-14 21:10:23

Actually now I think of it I've read that one too. Can't remember what it's about though.

Thewhingingdefective Wed 19-Feb-14 23:05:12

I loved both She's Come Undone and I Know This Much Is True. Read them several years ago, so might reread.

What's the latest one called? It's some music type title I think?

JuanPotatoTwo Mon 24-Feb-14 10:18:23

I ended up loving it but I found the first part, up until Dolores went away, really depressing for some reason. But after that I couldn't put it down.

spritesoright Sat 01-Mar-14 05:38:06

So pleased to hear this book come up. I haven't read it for ages but it is one of those books that has stayed with me. Many of the scenes I still find haunting such as the one with the whale.
I definitely need to read more Lamb.

fromparistoberlin Sat 01-Mar-14 17:38:15

its very good, but so sad, I read thus years ago and then read again as a mother and it really made me blue

Quangle Mon 03-Mar-14 22:52:31

Just updating to say I'm 7/8ths the way through We Are Water and I can't put it down. I'm not quite sure how he does it but it's gut-wrenching and serious but somehow readable and compelling.

KinkyDorito Fri 07-Mar-14 20:58:54

I didn't realise this had picked up! I'm desperate to read more of his, but am supposed to be on a budget. I've got them on my birthday wishlist!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now